• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Is your ski season over????? ('08/'09)

skidoc120

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's kindof funny that Alta now has something like a 175" base, but has to close in 2 weeks. But Snowbird is able to say open until the snow is gone. Usually that's June or even July.

Why the difference in closing times? That would make me want to have a pass at Snowbird. :jealous:

I'm hoping to get to Mammoth a few times before it's all over for this year. I'm being driven crazy by allergy season, so I'd love to get back on the snow.

abc

Banned
I think today was my last day for the season. It's insane how much it's been snowing and the resorts are open for another couple months, but I've had 3 weekends so far that I've headed south to mountain bike, and next weekend I'm meeting some friends in St. George and then I have a race in California (Sea Otter) the weekend after that.

So I'm calling it. It's officially bike season for me. :smile:
Seems like for a lot of us, our ski season ends when the biking season starts. :smile:

Although for me, I could have squeeze one or two more weekend before the start of cycling season. But with whitewater starting NOW, skis got put away faster than the bikes being brought out.

altagirl

Staff member
Why the difference in closing times? That would make me want to have a pass at Snowbird. :jealous:

I'm hoping to get to Mammoth a few times before it's all over for this year. I'm being driven crazy by allergy season, so I'd love to get back on the snow.

Alta has a set closing date per their Forest Service lease. Snowbird stays open until the snow is gone or they decide to close.

gardenmary

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I got one last day in last Friday in SoCal, of all places! I took DS up to Snow Summit since he had the day off, and DH had already set up a golf foursome with his buddies. We went up the night before, and awoke to temps in the low 30s (never got above 33 on the mountain) AND it snowed lightly from 12-3 PM! It was a great day. DS is a double-black-diamond skier so I worked harder just to keep up with him. We stuck to blue slopes with jumps and features for him, and steeps for me. I was also working with newly-canted boots, what a HUGE difference! Suddenly I wasn't having trouble making my left turns. I am very flat-footed, so when I flex my knees tend to move together - the canting out corrected that, and like magic I could suddenly make turns beautifully. We had a BLAST. I can't wait for next winter to keep making progress!

All in all, a great season, huge progress - but I sure wish I lived closer to a hill!

CAdreaming

Certified Ski Diva
Well... Sierra at Tahoe, our ski resort where we have our season passes is closing on 4/20.
My DH wants to go skiing this coming Sunday before they close.
So, we will go up there for the last skiing of this season.
I was able to ski Blues and one Black this season.
I hope that my body will remember how to ski when we come back next season. :D

Consuela

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was hoping to get one more weekend in before my resort closes on 4/26, but looks like the stars did not align for me. :(

Already have my MTB out, so I'm making amends with hanging up the skis for the season.

tradygirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Today was my last day at Park City. It was a good day to end on. The snow from last night wasn't too heavy and my experience with Sierra Cement made the going easy. Last Sunday was supposed to be our last day, but Thursday at close of business, management decided to stay open another week. Those of us who didn't already have plans stayed around to run the lifts and scan the tickets.
I leave Saturday for a post-season mini trip to Dallas to see the King Tut exhibit at the Dallas Museum. It's my teaser to my trip to Egypt and Jordan coming up in October. In the meantime, I'll be working at Park City this summer in the ticket office. And, I'll get my bike out after not being able to use it last year. It'll be baby steps with it, too.

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Come to Alta with me! :cool:

Dude, I'm totally with you. Luckily I have Friday off (and hubby's Megawatts :D) to sneak in one more powder day....

My laptop is out of commission and I just read this post...too late, as I'm at work today. Thanks for the invite. How was it today?

But yesterday, I snuck up to Brighton to turn in my coats and visit the MS Garage Sale----I snagged carbon fiber K2 poles for $10.00.

AND......snuck in five fabulous powder runs on the Rockets......the snow was so deep, bottomless, not heavy, not champagne like. I felt like I was skiing on fluffy soft clouds, just floating.......and, the bonus--hardly any one was on the mountain, so kind of felt a b/c experience with lifts. Geezzz....I keep thinkin it's going to end, but then it snows. :eyebrows::eyebrows:

SkiBam

Angel Diva
I'm SO jealous of the Utah divas and all that powder! Oh well, I managed to get out today at a nearby hill (the only one still open in the Laurentians) to enjoy some great spring conditions. Somewhat cautious though as it seems I likely have a torn rotator cuff - so it was one-armed skiing. I wouldn't have wanted (or been able to) tackle anything really steep or bumpy as I had my right arm tucked at my side. I also DID NOT want to fall - and I hate having to be afraid of falling. Anyhow, I didn't fall and managed to compensate for being slightly out of balance due to tucked-in arm. Had a great day and thoroughly enjoyed it (along with lunch-time BBQ in the sun) - and might try it again next week. We'll see.

cinnabon

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not done yet... I have one more Snowbird ticket that I may use on Tues. Then who knows, depending on how things hold up maybe I will do a day next weekend. They will be open until at least mid May. I can't believe how much snow has fallen in the last 3 weeks or so!

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
Sugar & Beech (both near Banner Elk, NC), Appalachian (near Boone, NC), Cataloochee (Maggie Valley) and, until this year Hawks Nest (Seven Devils, NC), but because of a political game, they only opened for tubing this year : (

Roe

Certified Ski Diva
Cool, have you skied Catalooche near Maggie Valley when they has enough natural snow to open the cow pasture? It's a really cool run. My friend's Dad used to run Beech Mountain back in the 1970's and 80's. I/m glad that you had a way good season.

Roe

Certified Ski Diva
You are going to love Egypt!!!! The Pyramids and Everything are so Awesome!!!! Have Fun!!!

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
Yes, my very first time there I skied the pasture almost the entire day; I didn't know then what a rare treat I'd had! These last two seasons I've participated in the "Women On Wednesday"(WOW) program there. And their snowmaking is sooo great now that you can't tell the difference between the man-made and that which falls from the sky!

tamlyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
NO! I will ski right up until Maine is all closed down and plan on a 10 day trip to Mount Hood. In the meantime we are getting our mountain bikes out and rebuilding them, since we bought alot of high performance parts cheap at the end of last season.
Tami (gravity girl)

Christy

Angel Diva
Mine ended today. The two mountains I ski--Stevens Pass and Crystal Mt--both closed today, and though there are still 3 areas in Western WA open, the snow was as soft as I'd want to ski today (there's still plenty of it, though). Though it's possible things could change..I remember skiing while it was cold and snowing last April 28th.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga