• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Is your ski season over????? ('08/'09)

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
Yesterday was my last day, my record 54th, for the season. Ther're five days left before closing, but today was the first of what's expected to be four of pouring rain! I had a great final day with 75 runs (even skipped lunch!) on a small mountain, but plenty of groomed snow (3-6 ft base) and seven ways down on a lovely warm sunny day. Now, I'm very much at "loose ends". I should be working on taxes, washing and packing away ski stuff, luggage, etc. Really, I've had an awesome season skiing in NC, CO, MT & VT: I'm a ~very~ fortunate skimouse!
But 6+ months until the next ski season! :fear:

oragejuice

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Talking about closing dates already??? Man, I love the Northwest. Our tenative closing date is May 17th and if they have snow, they'll stay open later. Wee!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Not over yet!!!

My geishas are going to have quite a suntan by the time we get to Mammoth tonight. It's 80 degrees in southern CA.

A week at Mammoth, then a week in the Summit where snow is predicted all this week, then skiing at Mammoth until at least mid-June.

No, our season is far from over!

LindsaySkiGal

Certified Ski Diva
My season is over :Cry:

Maybe next year if the economy is better and I'm still single, I should move out west. The ski season in PA is just too short!!

plainjane

Certified Ski Diva
61 days and counting! With the blizzard at Alta today and more snow to come the conditions are delicious. Had an out-of-body experience today skiing at Alta in the howling wind and nonstop snow. It was my dream day, I love being on the mountain in a storm. Today, the best day of my season. 2 more weeks to go for me before hanging up the Kikus.

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hell no! Skied in thigh deep Champagne powder in Steamboat today!

Tammy

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Couple weeks left at most of the resorts in Montana/Idaho. I think that this weekend might be the last hurrah for me before they all close around 4/5 though :(.

Lookout Pass evidently got 14" of fresh today, it's still snowing quite hard around here, and I'm unhappy about the fact that I can only take Friday off to get my fix :doh: .

Oh well... there's always next year I guess.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
We need snow really badly here in New England. Coverage is still pretty good at Okemo, but if we get a lot of rain or really warm temps, there's no telling. Right now the projected closing is April 19, but I'm not sure about that.....

Anyway, I'm heading out to ski now, so no, my season isn't over yet! :bounce:

Okemotracey

Certified Ski Diva
Hey SD-let me know how the mountain is. I don't want the season to be over but if I have to start ducking grass I'll stay in Mass!

geargrrl

Angel Diva
Now it is. Got in half a day today, sunny and totally bulletproof. Since DH is only doing half days, we aren't going to pay to play for anywhere else right now, and our local hill closes this weekend.

Oh well, next year will be better.

tradygirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Utah reports are closing in mid-April, but I'm hoping for touring season to last into May. Summer is way too long to not milk ski season as long as possible!

gardenmary

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The Big Bear resorts actually made snow Sunday & Monday nights this week, to augment the 3-4" they received from the mini-storm. Mtn. High is open until Easter and then on a day-to-day basis, and they have the least amount of coverage, so I'm praying Big Bear can squeak out another week after Easter (so are they, I'm sure). I'd like to get one more day in while DS is on school break; we've been keeping an eye on conditions.

We were going to run up to Mammoth during the break but the schedule just doesn't allow it. Maybe next year we can get to Mammoth in the spring!

We were looking at the web cams from the Utah resorts this morning - gorgeous powder. We were seriously jealous.

C

CMCM

I'm not nearly done yet....hopefully can keep going till mid May! I don't want it to stop! Luckily, last weekend our ski spots got up to 2 ft. of new snow, so as long as things don't heat up too much the snow will be OK.

Acadia07

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yup, we're done. Our last day was Sunday the 22nd. The mountains in the 2-hour-drive range will be no good after the rain we had this week, and we don't have the money/flexibility to take any more 'further away' trips this year. How sad! I hate it!

:Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry:

missyd

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hope not .... I am waiting for nicer weather to go skiing over here in Switzerland. I have plenty of time to go skiing .... :D

Snowflower

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Nope! I just got back from skiing the over 30" we've had in the last few days. Our local resort is open until the second weekend of April, but there will be plenty of backcountry skiing after that. Right now my last scheduled ski event is a hut trip May 16-17, so I know I'll be skiing at least that long!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga