• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Is your (2014) ski season over?

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Heck no! Plenty of snow left. Hope to get up to Tux and Gulf of Slides, and at least one or two days on corn, probably at Cannon, Wachusett or Sunappee. The there's the Annual Memorial Day Slackfest and BBQ on the East side snowfields on Mt. Washington once the Auto Road opens. Most years, Memorial Day is my last day of skiing.

I'm eyeing GoS, too...how is the snowpack?

iamOshawott

Certified Ski Diva
Just came back from my Sun Peaks trip and I hope it wouldn't be my last trip of the season...yet. SO and I were talking about hitting Mount Baker over the weekend or maybe even Whistler. I got in about 12 days this year so far and it's my first season.

TeleChica

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm eyeing GoS, too...how is the snowpack?

Snowpack in GOS is good so far, but twitchy. Keep an eye on the Avi Report. There was a slide in the SE snowfields down to a weak layer from Jan 11. It NEVER (never say never) slides up there, but it did on Sat. Info here.

We need some corn cycles to stabilize everything, then as per usual, it should be GREAT.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No.. local hill open until 4/13.. then hope to go to Jay or even Killington.. hope to go to okemo tomorrow.. and next week's forecast is MORE SNOW for East coast.. my Seasonal disorder can be delayed..

Dianna

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Mine ended March 12 and left SoCal for Missouri on the 14. Even though we had no natural the runs had good coverage and I was able to get in about 80 days. Excited and planning for next season. Hoping to spend Nov-April in Colorado

deannatoby

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am not sure yet. I am having some toes issues that started at Stowe. The doctor does hot know what the problem is. I have heard anything from gout( negative result), RA(still waiting), frostbite(maybe except I was warm the entire time),cellulitis. So I have not skied much and avoiding narrow shoes as well. I hope to figure things out and ski at least one more weekend

Hope you're back to normal SOON and they figure it out.

Next weekend might be my last, might not. DH gashed his leg open on the edge of his ski (freak accident) two weeks ago and we might get up to Saddleback later in April to get him skiing again. But, I must confess that I do not like spring skiing! Almost sacrilege I know. The thick heavy snow scares me. It yells out, "Injury injury injury!" The warmth is nice, but the trade off is the snow becoming thick and grabby. But March was FANTASTIC! Over 4' of snow at Saddleback in March alone. I had some amazing ski days! Great end to a cold frigid season!

AnnKH

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Too bad we don't have hills here in Grand Forks, ND - we had a foot of snow yesterday!

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Snowpack in GOS is good so far, but twitchy. Keep an eye on the Avi Report. There was a slide in the SE snowfields down to a weak layer from Jan 11. It NEVER (never say never) slides up there, but it did on Sat. Info here.

We need some corn cycles to stabilize everything, then as per usual, it should be GREAT.

I saw that -- very freaky!

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just realized that I get Good Friday as a vacation day. I forget about it every year - it's a weird stock market holiday. So DH asked if I would be skiing. "I don't know!" I exclaimed in an anguished tone.

Divegirl

Angel Diva
Unless I get up to Loon late next week (DH and I have tiny 2 day window), today was my last day. Too long a drive by myself for iffy conditions (1 3/4 hrs each way).

I spent it at my "home" mountain, Wachusett. Not a cloud in the sky, temps in the low 30s on arrival (8 am), low 50s on departure (1:30 pm). No bare spots, some slushy spots but mostly mashed potatoes. Wachusett recovered well from the 3" of rain over the weekend. The rain storm ended as an ice storm and the mountain looked liked a honey-dip donut - all sparkles. Skied from 9 - 1 pm.

One bizarre incident today - I ran over a squirrel. It ran in front of me just as I was turning onto a trail (Balance Rock for other Wachusett skiers) and I could not stop w/o going into the trees. I heard the guy behind me start laughing. A little while later a couple guys came up to me asked me how many more squirrels had I run over! The squirrel lived but apparently it was the funniest thing these guys had seen this year.

Anyways, it was good year - got out 23 times - 18 at Wachusett and 5 at Okemo, took a Women's Clinic and learned what my poles are for. Never knew what they were for other than may be balance. Skied with other people for the first time in over 20 yrs.

SkiBilly

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm at Big White until 11 April...alpine base 270cm. It's 'Ladies Day' tomorrow...a two hr lesson followed by lunch. Blue bird day forecast, the same as the last two. It just me and hubby here for three weeks, but now I'm starting to miss the kids...especially the youngest, who's still my baby boy at 17.

Perty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not sure yet. It may be that my last day was 9th march:hurt:.

On this coming Saturday Mr P and the boys go to Verbier for a week. This is the holiday we won at the ski show. I am in a long case at the moment, and the judge added an extra week...that is-next week.....
I am hoping there may be a 2 day window for me to jump on a plane and join them. Forecast is mild and sunny, so I would not be going for amazing powder. But surely I can't have had my last fix yet? I have skied 29 days. Not really something to complain about, but still not enough!

gardenmary

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
One bizarre incident today - I ran over a squirrel. It ran in front of me just as I was turning onto a trail (Balance Rock for other Wachusett skiers) and I could not stop w/o going into the trees. I heard the guy behind me start laughing. A little while later a couple guys came up to me asked me how many more squirrels had I run over! The squirrel lived but apparently it was the funniest thing these guys had seen this year.

:rotf:
I'd pay money to see that! Sounds like an outtake from Hoodwinked.

goodcat

Certified Ski Diva
Well, it is soon to be over. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you see it), kitchen remodeling has not gone as quickly as we thought. Therefore, I feel compelled to leave town and go skiing while finishing touches are put on the floors and walls. I know, it's a huge sacrifice… However, I need to get my kid out of town so she doesn't have to breathing all those dust, fumes, be bothered by noise (at least, that is how I am justifying spending more money so late in the year).

artistinsuburbia

Angel Diva
One bizarre incident today - I ran over a squirrel. It ran in front of me just as I was turning onto a trail (Balance Rock for other Wachusett skiers) and I could not stop w/o going into the trees. I heard the guy behind me start laughing. A little while later a couple guys came up to me asked me how many more squirrels had I run over! The squirrel lived but apparently it was the funniest thing these guys had seen this year

OMG that is hilarious!!!! wish I had video

Serafina

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My season ended today, but...I SKIED MY AGE this year!!

Conditions yesterday were teh suck - the snow was the consistency of chocolate-chip cookie dough, with marble-sized chunks of ice scattered over and through 6 inches of wet, wet slush, and it was also fast. I considered myself lucky to get in off the hill without being taken out by someone. Conditions today were everything I could have wanted for my last ski day - bluebird skies, fast hard snow, and out at 8am, so fresh cord. Beautiful. Took a few runs, then the surface started to get trashed, so I left it at those few perfect runs and sent the sticks to the shop for a summer wax.

Tvan

Angel Diva
My last day was two weeks ago at Stratton. Conditions were variable that weekend, but mostly ok. This wasn't our best ski season, due to my work schedule and DH getting laid off from his job. The good news is that he found a NEW JOB, with a pay bump, AND HE LOVES IT.

All told, I think I had 20 days this season, which is much less than any prior year. Hopefully, next season we will have more time on the mountain.

Jenny

Angel Diva
Sigh. I'm coming to accept that it is. But the last day out west and the last day here in Michigan were both fabulous and we got 20 days this year, which is the most ever. And skier31's Wild Belles are on their way to me, so it's pretty hard to complain.

We could have gone skiing this weekend still, but the house needed cleaning, the laundry doing, the groceries purchasing, and the taxes finishing, so it was time to be mature. And next weekend is NCAA men's gymnastics nationals in Ann Arbor, so that pretty much takes care of any last days something might be open.

But I'll still be checking websites, in case some place reopens for the next weekend maybe.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga