• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Is your (2014) ski season over?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
When was your last day? Where'd you ski and how'd it go? How many days did you get in this year? How'd it compare to seasons past? Any comments you'd like to make?

I'm still skiing and hope to continue for another few weeks, so I'm not ready to post here yet. But maybe someone else is?

Last edited:

maggie198

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I hope it's not my last day! I skied at Elk yesterday, it was their closing day. After the rain of yesterday and today there wouldn't have been much left anyway. But I'm going north now! Sunday River on Saturday... :smile:

gardenmary

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My last day was Day #30 of the season, skiing at Snowbasin in Utah, on March 22nd. We skied the morning, conditions were good and we had a blast. Definitely my best season to date in terms of my own development as a skier. It was the worst for SoCal since I started skiing though!

When I got home from that trip I had to be brutally honest with myself - I need to concentrate on school for the rest of the term. So no weekends to Mammoth for me even though they do have good conditions. I've decided to also concentrate on resolving endocrinal issues and starting training NOW for next season. And I've already started perusing academic calendars to figure out when ski trips will be next year, whether with DS or on my own.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Have had my last day on the east coast. Got in far more days at Massanutten than expected given the extra long season, including a powder day on March 25! Had a great time sampling in the northeast. Started with St. Sauveur and Tremblant in early Dec during a visit with SkiBam. Jan-Mar included PA (Elk, Whitetail, Roundtop), NY (Whiteface, Gore, Belleayre, Plattekill), and getting to Diva East to check out Smuggs and Stowe. The extra time on long groomers during those 21 days (some just a few hours) was good for improving technique too. Very nice to be able to ski with Divas all over the place.

Not done in the west yet. Will be at Alta Lodge April 5-15. But the lesson with snoWYmonkey at JH was definitely a highlight. Especially finishing up the morning on the bumps on North Hobacks.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Mine was 10 days ago at Snowbasin, with @gardenmary. We were going to spend spring break at Mammoth in mid-April (and Mammoth is getting POUNDED right now--feet and FEET of fresh coming in waves!) But major surgery happening in the family has ended our season. Only got 14 days this season. And improved each day, and it's SO hard but it could be so much worse.

Besides, next season, we'll be living 8 MILES from Snowbasin! :banana:

artistinsuburbia

Angel Diva
Said my quiet goodbyes this morning. Had a great day last Thursday with a friend. Really felt confident and ready to move to skiing bumps. Then the 60 weather with rain came and crushed the mountain yesterday, followed by solid ice pack arrived with lower temps at night. And this morning, we were blessed with 3" of powder overnight, kinda like winter's last hurrah. But the wind was so strong that it blew it all over the place and exposed the ice pack. I could barely ski down the hill since the wind prevented me from moving forward. But got to ski my favorite runs one last time! Chairs stopped turning for the season at four. So it was a bittersweet ending. Came in for the day and went to the passholder party. As I purchase my next season passes, realized that my oldest DD will be in college and off school until Jan 12!!! So we will be getting in more than weekend work next season! And THAT is really something to look forward to.

newskiaddict

Certified Ski Diva
Had my last day today at Loon. The weather started off really crappy- freezing rain and very windy, but it mellowed out towards the afternoon and I did enjoy myself. I got to make the first tracks this morning- I got there right at 8, and for the first time, I experienced the mountain all to myself. It was a little surreal, almost like The Shining, but also very peaceful. Despite the freezing rain, the mountain was groomed quite well, and I got to go down my first black diamond on a "real" mountain. Also, my 6 year old son had a blast at ski school and got to go on the chair lift for the first time! All in all, a successful end to my first season. I'm already looking at season passes for next year!

snow addict

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I haven't finished a season yet, we had about 70 cm of snow last weekend, and skiing was awesome on Monday and Tuesday, this weekend we were back at spring temps, but if you stay high and avoid sunny aspects snow is still very nice. Suppose to get unsettled this week gain, so probably will have few more good days of skiing.

frenchgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am not sure yet. I am having some toes issues that started at Stowe. The doctor does hot know what the problem is. I have heard anything from gout( negative result), RA(still waiting), frostbite(maybe except I was warm the entire time),cellulitis. So I have not skied much and avoiding narrow shoes as well. I hope to figure things out and ski at least one more weekend

altagirl

Staff member
Ouch! Hope it's nothing serious. ^

We definitely have plenty of time left, though I get more motivated to bike when the weather is really nice in the valley. I had a lot of fun at Deer Valley on Saturday - we did our annual girls day. You can tell the altitude difference though - there were some serious mashed potatoes going on at DV. I believe they close next week. But we've got months left at Snowbird.

2014 GDVD.jpg

Mrs Hutchins

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah... my last day was two weeks ago at Sugarbush.

I was going to head up to Killington last weekend, they were having a festival and Allen Stone was playing outside at one of the base lodges, but then they were predicting rain, rain, and more rain. So we stayed at home. Apparently, they got some snow, but I would have been so sad if we got there and it actually was raining. :(

My actual final day of the season was an epic New England "powder" day, though. So I certainly ended on a positive note. :smile:

TeleChica

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Heck no! Plenty of snow left. Hope to get up to Tux and Gulf of Slides, and at least one or two days on corn, probably at Cannon, Wachusett or Sunappee. The there's the Annual Memorial Day Slackfest and BBQ on the East side snowfields on Mt. Washington once the Auto Road opens. Most years, Memorial Day is my last day of skiing.

All that said, I am REALLY looking forward to cycling and kayaking. And will the sun ever shine again? Oy.

Inoffensive Nickname

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It takes at least 2 hours to get to any ski hill from where we live. Last day for me was March 7 due to uncooperative weather. I got in 17 ski days this year (a good year for me). Our local hill is open approximately 15 weeks during the regular season. This year, they were open until 3/22 (very late this year, since the early thaw we got wasn't total). I visited two other hills this year and am proud of the progress I made this year, especially adding a good hockey stop to my repertoire. DH and I are thinking about Lake Tahoe next year, since I am a flatlander who doesn't handle altitude well. I was seriously looking at Anchorage, AK due to the altitude, but it's pretty expensive.

Right now, I'm going through PTSD (Pretty Traumatized Skiing's Done - no offense meant to others who suffer from the real PTSD). I'm soothing myself by researching my next ski trip.

Libby

Certified Ski Diva
Unfortunately my last day was March 16. Around here, high school spring sports started on March 3 and they practice every Saturday. We pulled my daughter out for the first two Saturdays, but then had to bite the bullet and stay home. I"m already looking at clothing and travel plans for next season though.

gardenmary

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Libby, that's me too - when paying for grad school, even part-time online, it's hard to justify simultaneously trying to figure out how to make up work because you went skiing. As a friend's mom says, "Pick one, look at the rest."

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
I am having some toes issues that started at Stowe.
Ditto to ouch and hope this isn't anything serious!!

Season up here should go until early May. Hope to get a few more days in but since I no longer have a pass, it will only be a few.

Dtrick924

Angel Diva
I finished out the season at Stratton this past Thursday. It was a gorgeous sunny day in the mid-30s F. They had groomed out all the bump runs so I got to ski some nice steeps that I normally avoid.

bikerchic

Diva in Training
3/20 when I fell and fractured my thumb. Better first day of spring than first day of winter!

Ashleigh Lawrence

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We're off to Oz en Oisans on Friday for our final week of the season. :dance: Although, hopefully this might be the year that I persuade The Huz that a cheeky weekend on a glacier might be feasible....... :bag:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna