• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I skied the WROD, and I liked it!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I usually ski in Verbier - this is where I rent for a season, but I try to pop to Chamonix at least a few times each year - it's about 1 hour by car between the two resorts. I went to Avoriaz in PDS once, and skied for 10 days in Zermatt, but other than that I stick to Verbier and Chamonix. I love terrain and vibe and convenience of getting there is a bonus factor. Never skied in NA but I understand it's a fairly different experience.
Skiing in America is very different from Europe. I have also skied at Verbier (loved it except that giant Torgon bump run wore me out) and spent a week at Zermatt some time ago. The big difference for me is, yes, terrain (so vast in Europe and mostly above tree line) but the culture. I love it that Europeans seem to take nice long lunches and wouldn't even think about eating an energy bar on the run…..

snow addict

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Skiing in America is very different from Europe. I have also skied at Verbier (loved it except that giant Torgon bump run wore me out) and spent a week at Zermatt some time ago. The big difference for me is, yes, terrain (so vast in Europe and mostly above tree line) but the culture. I love it that Europeans seem to take nice long lunches and wouldn't even think about eating an energy bar on the run…..
Tortin :smile: Yes, it can be tiring especially when you ski it the first time. Seems endless but after a while it's OK and not even all that long. Energy bars are not very popular for resort skiing, it's either take away sandwiches to be eaten in the gondola or lunches (not necessarily long) in restaurants or big breakfast in the morning and nothing until we are off the mountain.

Janis Williams

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am jealous. We are still having summer weather here. Was passing Chamonix this weekend on way to Italy and it didn't look very snowy either. The opening date is November 29 so hopefully weather changes soon.

les Deux Alpes seems to have nice terrain park at least... Saw the photos of it and it looked good... not sure how much more of the area they have open just yet - I'd guess not to village but maybe to first section?

Janis Williams

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
10406587_825999767450049_496627233029857621_n.jpg

Les Deux Alpes atm

snow addict

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah, glaciers are doing great now after top-up on Wednesday-Thursday, but elsewhere most of this snow melted with only patches remaining in shaded areas. But at least it's getting colder.

climbingbetty

Angel Diva
Is it just me, or does anyone else starting singing in their head, "I skied the WROD and I liked it!" to the tune of Katy Perry's "I kissed a girl"?????

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Buahaha! My evil plot has succeeded!

Jilly

Staff member
What's really funny, is the morning crew on the local radio station were talking about "songs that get stuck in your head" this morning. There was even a list. The top song was the song from Frozen....But I think there was a Katy Perry in there too, but I don't remember which one...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna