• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I skied the WROD, and I liked it!

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
DH and I got up at 6, left the condo by 7, and were in the lower A-Basin parking lot by 7:30, second row. Shuffled around for a bit, then finally got in line. They kindly opened the lift just a smidge early, maybe 8:25.

We got 6 runs before the lines started to get long and the single run just got too crowded with yahoos for our tastes. On the first run, the top was crunchy and the bottom was clearly much softer. With every run, the snow got softer. By 9:30, the lines were long enough, and we'd skied enough, that we decided to bail. I guess that's good, as I am on call and in fact was called a few minutes ago.

Guys, skiing is fun! Even on the WROD!

mustski

Angel Diva
I eagerly await our WROD every year, and ski it until the crowds arrive, but I have to wait until November. So, yeah, I'm happy for you all in Colorado but still :jealous:

snow addict

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am jealous. We are still having summer weather here. Was passing Chamonix this weekend on way to Italy and it didn't look very snowy either. The opening date is November 29 so hopefully weather changes soon.

jellyflake

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am jealous, too!!

I'll start skiing mid November, so this is just one month away. But it does not feel like close to winter, though.... we had +25°C yesterday, so I was on the tennis court, with summer tennis clothes on :nono:

So, if anyone goes skiing, please post pictures to bring me in the mood!!

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I dunno that I'll be going next weekend .. I thought I would, but it's supposed to be *warm* up there.

Jenny

Angel Diva
It's not showing up - just a message about how it's unavailable because of Facebook privacy settings, or it's been removed.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's not showing up - just a message about how it's unavailable because of Facebook privacy settings, or it's been removed.

Oh, well that makes sense. (Like I said, I don't do film.)

I just made it public, does that work?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I am jealous. We are still having summer weather here. Was passing Chamonix this weekend on way to Italy and it didn't look very snowy either. The opening date is November 29 so hopefully weather changes soon.
Where do you usually ski? Just curious…. Skied Wengen and Chamonix last year, and the Portes du Soleil and Chamonix the year before… Have also skied in Italy and Austria as well as other resorts in France and Switzerland…. Love skiing Europe. Such a wonderful experience. Photo is from the top of the jungfrau in February...

snow addict

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Where do you usually ski? Just curious…. Skied Wengen and Chamonix last year, and the Portes du Soleil and Chamonix the year before… Have also skied in Italy and Austria as well as other resorts in France and Switzerland…. Love skiing Europe. Such a wonderful experience. Photo is from the top of the jungfrau in February...
I usually ski in Verbier - this is where I rent for a season, but I try to pop to Chamonix at least a few times each year - it's about 1 hour by car between the two resorts. I went to Avoriaz in PDS once, and skied for 10 days in Zermatt, but other than that I stick to Verbier and Chamonix. I love terrain and vibe and convenience of getting there is a bonus factor. Never skied in NA but I understand it's a fairly different experience.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly