• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Hello, My Name is Amy and I fractured my tibial plateau today!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm walking! I'm walking! Well, it's a bit of a hobble but not because of pain, because my muscles in that leg are so WEAK!
I wasn't sure if I'd be able to do it without the crutches, but I am. I am sure I'll still use one on occasion. But what a glorious feeling!

I am going to celebrate by going riding on my wonderful horse! We have a show to prepare for!

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm walking! I'm walking! Well, it's a bit of a hobble but not because of pain, because my muscles in that leg are so WEAK!
I wasn't sure if I'd be able to do it without the crutches, but I am. I am sure I'll still use one on occasion. But what a glorious feeling!

I am going to celebrate by going riding on my wonderful horse! We have a show to prepare for!

GO @contesstant - you're on a mission & I wish you & Chach happy training!!!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My ride was awesome! Chachee is also feeling extremely spunky (he has his own injuries that he deals with) so it was fun! My leg feels REALLY good. I have vacuumed, mopped, done laundry and I think I'll go bike around my neighborhood now. I rest in between everything. Can I just say, I have not been able to do ANY of that stuff in two months and it has driven me nuts!

VERY little pain. Most of it is in my calf muscles. I have ramped up my nutrition BIG time in the past three weeks and I think it's helping a lot.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was actually able to get my heart rate up on my little 5 minute bike ride today. So yes, the mountains await--one good thing about the crappy snow (lack of it) this winter is the bike trails will be dry much sooner!

Serafina

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
First, this is AWESOME!

Second, I gotta be the Wet Blanket for a moment, and point out that the time that is most risky for re-injury is when you're feeling better enough not to be thinking of the original injury all the time. There's a reason for it when we take horses off stall rest, we give them a v-e-r-y s-m-a-l-l area of turnout and phase them up slowly to the full-sized paddock. Be careful!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No worries, Serafina. I'm not feeling THAT good by any stretch! Just way better than I anticipated. My calf this morning feels like the first full day of skiing on a week long ski trip--it's sore! Knee is also quite unstable. The good news is I woke up this morning and it isn't swollen :D I can't wait to start PT today!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga