• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Has Anyone Skied in July/August??

marzNC

Angel Diva
I am looking to ski somewhere every month of the year next year as a reward to me for turning old. I have my local mountain til April, In May and June I am sure I can find a place to ski... but July and August are harder!

I was thinking about Portillo or Valle Nevado in Chile as an incredible experience. Has anyone here skied either place? Did you like it, love it, or were you disappointed?

For Sept/Oct. I was thinking about New Zealand...

November would likely be Canada, or Timberline in Oregon. I have to be thrifty after those 2 big trips! Then December would be back to my home mountain.

Any other suggestions of places to ski during our summer?
Anyone from the northern hemisphere thinking of skiing during the summer?

lynseyf

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My boyfriend is doing his L2 ski instructor exam in July in hintertux so I will probably go visit for a weekend

mtnbikerskierchick

Certified Ski Diva
You have mentioned some great options, and if you want to keep it cheaper and in the country, Timberline is a great choice. Like others have mentioned, you CAN hike for your turns as well. Here in Colorado, I've skied year round for a few seasons, when it's good. But, my friend Kim has skied all months of the year for many years. I believe she is on her 173rd month of skiing? I truly admire her commitment!

marzNC

Angel Diva
You have mentioned some great options, and if you want to keep it cheaper and in the country, Timberline is a great choice. Like others have mentioned, you CAN hike for your turns as well. Here in Colorado, I've skied year round for a few seasons, when it's good. But, my friend Kim has skied all months of the year for many years. I believe she is on her 173rd month of skiing? I truly admire her commitment!
Hello there! Very fun article.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Back in 10/11, when I skied ABasin every month Oct- July, I decided to hike in Aug and September to make a full year's worth. In August I went with @SkiNurse and @RachelV
295873_2304135963724_5847175_n.jpg

In September I went with my dog.
309778_2414212235562_85755823_n.jpg

So I had 20 months going, in a row, but then that terrible season happened and I gave up in June. But planning on starting again this season, somewhere other than St Mary's, too.

Jilly

Staff member
Whistler is a wonderful place. And you can ski there in the summer too on the Blackcomb glacier.

NZfarmgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That looks a lot better than what I skied in summer!!
No Doubt! However it's all long gone in our summer.
Those pics are from August last year, it's due to start snowing here this weekend, I hope to be skiing late June. starting to count down. I wake up to my new skis in my bedroom every morning :smile:

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I skied Zermatt on the glacier years ago. I was at Hintertux in March and they ski all year there. I think this needs to be a goal for me, too.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Skied Squaw Valley one year on July 8th in shorts!

Jilly

Staff member
Lotta is 18 million Canadian $$ tonight.....you never know!!

Now if they were running a CSIA 3 course????

mustski

Angel Diva

My understanding is that Timberline is tough to book. It caters mostly to camps and groups.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
That didn't used to be true. We have skied there several times in the summer. But not recently, so that would be a good thing to check.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga