• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Do Olympians Have Fun?

Randi M.

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Watching the men’s Super G right now and waiting for the second half of the women’s slalom. So amazed at how the Olympians ski and it makes me wonder - do they have fun just taking runs like normal people? Just a casual run down the slope? At a regular speed? Or does the adrenaline rush of those amazing competitive runs kind of ruin everything else?

Jilly

Staff member
I wish I'd had a go pro on back in December. I was at a clinic when a friend mentioned...there goes Eric Guay. He had 2 of his girls with him. Later that morning we were doing a drill where we were to ski backwards on a flat area. I turn around to ski backwards...i'm looking at Eric in a fun tuck racing his girls through the flats. He was having a great time skiing this kids before he took off for a race in Europe.

Christy

Angel Diva
When races are canceled or delayed due to snow, many of them will go free skiing. If you follow any of their Instagram or Facebook feeds, you'll see that some do get revved up about free skiing on a powder day. Travis Ganong comes to mind here. So I think the answer is yes for a lot of them. But I've heard Lindsey Vonn and Mikaela Shiffren make comments over the years that they don't do that sort of thing. They would hit the gym or find a way to make training runs if it's snowy. I think they find their joy in skiing in the perfection of their skills.

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I follow some Olympians on instagram and while they are racers, they still often tour or do freeride skiing. I heard the men's snowboard halfpipe snowboarders skipped the opening ceremonies to ski the pow in Japan. So, yes, I'd say they do have fun, but they also work hard!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna