• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Looking for Trees

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Greetings Divas,

My ski pals are thinking about next season and one of us in particular really likes trees. We've gone to Steamboat several times and she really enjoys the trees there, but we are wondering if there are other U.S. resorts that are also known for their good tree skiing.

All recommendations/input would be welcome, but I have full Ikon, so I have a bit of a bias there.

Thanx in advance!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Not Ikon but both Heavenly and Northstar in Tahoe have awesome tree skiing.

Verve

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Deer Valley has surprisingly great tree skiing! I feel like many people who go there stick to the groomers so I was finding fresh lines many days after the storm. I wouldn’t say they’re known for it in particular but we were very happy exploring there.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Not a destination resort, but one reason my crew have been going to Wolf Creek is for the tree skiing. Not just steep trees, but also mellow glades that are fun even during early season when the snow coverage isn't that deep yet.

Have a vague impression that Snowmass had good trees. But the place is huge and I've only skied there a few days during a couple of trips a while back.

Here's a marketing blurb about trees at Mary Jane at Winter Park.

" . . .
A new century brought even more improvements to the Jane, most notably with the opening of the Panoramic lift in 2007, which became North America’s highest six-passenger, high-speed chairlift, and opened up 100 acres of gladed terrain on spectacular Parsenn Bowl, as well as easier access to Vazquez Cirque. One year earlier, the Eagle Wind lift was opened on the back side Parsenn Bowl, providing skiers/riders with some of the best tree-skiing in the country.
. . ."

slow_biscuits

Certified Ski Diva
Beaver Creek has a lot of tree skiing options. I don’t love trees but my kids do and they made me do more than I wanted. There are pretty mellow tree options as well as some real steep glades. I didn’t do those :smile:

Second rec for Wolf Creek too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga