• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Crazy ski questions

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Have you ever been asked crazy questions by non-skiers or people who know very little about skiing? For example, I don't know if this is real or not, but I've heard that someone once asked what the mountain did with the moguls in the off season. Real or not, it's a funny idea.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I believe someone would ask that ... after all, quite a few mountains do seed their moguls.

I don't think that's what they meant, though. It's not really how the question is phrased.

eclaire

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This isn't skiing related, but close. My former mother-in-law is South African. On her first trip to the States, we took her to Quebec City. Driving though northern New Hampshire, she marveled at the miles upon miles of pine forest, remarking: "How did they plant so many trees?!!" Lol.

newboots

Angel Diva
This isn't skiing related, but close. My former mother-in-law is South African. On her first trip to the States, we took her to Quebec City. Driving though northern New Hampshire, she marveled at the miles upon miles of pine forest, remarking: "How did they plant so many trees?!!" Lol.

Hah! Reminds me of my friend's mother-in-law, very American, who complained throughout her trip through Canada. She couldn't see why they needed to have their own, special, different money. What was wrong with regular money?

Jilly

Staff member
I was working a ski swap years ago for the local race club. We had set up all the boots in the mezzanine. It was getting towards the end of the day and I hadn't been upstairs in a while. Thought I should get up there and look at the mess that might be made by people. Here's this lady with about 8 pairs of boots surrounding her. She notices that I'm a volunteer and not 16 years old. Her question: How do you know if they fit? Asked her about size and was there anything on the floor she thought about. Pointed to one pair I grabbed one boot, opened it and removed the liner...."They come apart!!"

W8N2SKI

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Also not ski-related, but . . . my aunts and cousins were making their very first trip to the US from Scotland. When they arrived, they called my uncle to come and pick them up at JFK Airport. My uncle lives in Chicago. Size matters.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Thinking about adult never-evers at Massanutten . . . the ones who don't figure out the beginner package essentially comes with a free lesson.

What do I do with these sticks? Meaning their poles.

How do I carry the skis on the lift? Said in the rental area before they can see the chairlifts.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Also not ski-related, but . . . my aunts and cousins were making their very first trip to the US from Scotland. When they arrived, they called my uncle to come and pick them up at JFK Airport. My uncle lives in Chicago. Size matters.

Hah! When I was a kid and people used physical maps, we had a lot of people who visited from Germany. They had grandiose plans of visiting Disney World AND Disney Land AND ..... My dad grumbled that he should have a transparency made of Germany and overlay it on a US map so that our visitors would have some clue of what they were proposing.

alison wong

Angel Diva
Cousin: How come you don't ski in summer?
Me: Because there is no snow?

Cousin: They can't make snow in summer?
Me: It'd be too warm and snow will melt as soon as it is "made".

Cousin: Right. I don't ski so I don't know all these logistics.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna