• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Crazy ski questions

W8N2SKI

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My 85-year-old mom was riding the chair w/a kid of about 7. He asked her how old she was and she told him.
The following conversation ensued:

Kid: Wow. Did you know Noah?
Mom: I don't think so; is he a ski instructor?
Kid: No. I mean Noah from waaaay back.

Once she stopped laughing, my mom told him to be sure he told his mom about their conversation. I hope he did; the world needs more laughter.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
My 85-year-old mom was riding the chair w/a kid of about 7. He asked her how old she was and she told him.
The following conversation ensued:

Kid: Wow. Did you know Noah?
Mom: I don't think so; is he a ski instructor?
Kid: No. I mean Noah from waaaay back.

Once she stopped laughing, my mom told him to be sure he told his mom about their conversation. I hope he did; the world needs more laughter.

85 and still skiing? Pretty impressive.

captain_hug99

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not a ski question, but my sister lives near Branson, MO, in the Ozarks.

I was going to visit her and she says, "make sure you bring a sweater, because we live in the mountains."

I replied, "seriously? I live in Colorado, I see a mountain that is 14,000 feet out my window, I live at 3 times the elevation of the Ozarks."

Sister, "Oh"

She hasn't been able to live it down.

newboots

Angel Diva
Not a ski question, but my sister lives near Branson, MO, in the Ozarks.

I was going to visit her and she says, "make sure you bring a sweater, because we live in the mountains."

I replied, "seriously? I live in Colorado, I see a mountain that is 14,000 feet out my window, I live at 3 times the elevation of the Ozarks."

Well, in her favor, at least she didn't suggest you bring avy gear.

alison wong

Angel Diva
I was working a ski swap years ago for the local race club. We had set up all the boots in the mezzanine. It was getting towards the end of the day and I hadn't been upstairs in a while. Thought I should get up there and look at the mess that might be made by people. Here's this lady with about 8 pairs of boots surrounding her. She notices that I'm a volunteer and not 16 years old. Her question: How do you know if they fit? Asked her about size and was there anything on the floor she thought about. Pointed to one pair I grabbed one boot, opened it and removed the liner...."They come apart!!"

I must confess, I was there....

Bought my first pair of ski boots in 09/2012.
Went to WB in 02/2015, skied in wet snow, boots got v. wet inside. Asked hotel for a boot warmer thing. Hotel staff commented: "They may dry faster if they pull out the liners and dry them separately." It dawned on me: they do come apart!

It took me merely 2.5 years to realize this....

(OK. Y'all can laugh at me now... I won't get offended and I am thick skinned.)

Obrules15

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I must confess, I was there....

Bought my first pair of ski boots in 09/2012.
Went to WB in 02/2015, skied in wet snow, boots got v. wet inside. Asked hotel for a boot warmer thing. Hotel staff commented: "They may dry faster if they pull out the liners and dry them separately." It dawned on me: they do come apart!

It took me merely 2.5 years to realize this....

(OK. Y'all can laugh at me now... I won't get offended and I am thick skinned.)
2.5 years is nothing, it took me 25 years to realize.

newboots

Angel Diva
I'm afraid that if I take them out, when I replace them there will be some tiny change that ruins everything. A wrinkle, or a millimeter off center in the boot.

Jilly

Staff member
If they fit right, shouldn't be an issue. I take mine apart every night after skiing. Make sure you put the right liner in the right shell!! Left liner in the left shell. That does cause a painful situation.

Obrules15

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Like a plastic shell and liner? Yes.
I'm not sure they could have. My 1990 (maybe Nordica) rear entries had a dial on the back of the shell which snugged up wires inside of the lining. For the life of me I can't see how that contraption could have come apart.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly