• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Can't get my boots on

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
As many others have said, warm boots is key.
Besides that, when you pull the tongue out, pull it off to the side, on an angle instead of forward. It helps open the throat of the boot and has the potential to create a bigger opening.

Sorry you're having trouble with your new boots. :(

newboots

Angel Diva
@SnowHot Thanks! I have been successful with warmed boots and trying stockings instead of socks. I have one pair of socks that are lightweight, so I'll take those skiing tomorrow.

I got help from a friend (as well as tons of help here), and he pulled that tongue much farther than I had dared. So that was a good lesson, too!

teppaz

Angel Diva
I also had an ankle injury (playing tennis) and getting into the left boot has been a problem since. What helps is tilting the feet outward when you slide them into the boot, as you pull the tongue in the opposite direction. It feels counter-intuitive but it works. Earl from the Sport Loft in SLC showed me that trick when I bought my boots from him, and it's been easier ever since.

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@volklgirl Ordered my heated boot bag. I have a hybrid electric car (Volt) and the heating system will not provide what I think I'll need for warm boots. I've tried it with skates - they don't get very warm in the car regardless of blasting heat. Thanks for the suggestion; I think I'll be happy with it.
I used to have so much trouble getting into my boots that my SO got tired of the tears and he bought me a Hot Gear bag. As soon as I got up in the morning I'd turn it on the warm (I think) setting and let my boots warm up at least an hour or more. They would stay warm for the 10-15 min drive to the slopes. I always put them on in the car, while the car was still warm. If we did the drive to Winter Park plugging them into the charging outlet kept them just warm enough. Never leave your boots in a cold part of the car. Getting them off was another issue. Usually I'm not driving to the slopes so I often just waited until the car warmed up to get them off. At times I used the ice scraper to open the back of my right boot. When my foot was free I'd use it to open the back of the left boot. Cold days were the worst.
Now I use 3 buckle Dalbello boots. No need to warm them, easy in and out, no pain taking off. I'll never go back to 4 buckle boots. The boney part of my instep just doesn't work with 4 buckles.

newboots

Angel Diva
@Little Lightning What an ordeal! Fortunately I have several ice scrapers. . . I am going to warm these things up in the morning, wrap in hot towels, and crank the heat in the car. I don't have my new heated bag yet! I also have Grabbers - those little heat packs. I think they will contribute.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna