• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Bump Skis (Kinda Sorta)

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Love hearing YOU ARE SKIING!! Since it's hot and humid on the east coast please keep telling us about your skiing!! Glad the Ski is working well for you!
I was thinking the same thing. So hot here and happy to see others are skiing.:clap:

heather matthews

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks. I'm doing my part 1 NZSIA exams this week -it's a one week course and In finding it fun, challenging and tiring. Whatever happens I think I'll be a better skier at the end of it. I'm probably the oldest in my cohort by 25 years which is interesting.

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Thanks. I'm doing my part 1 NZSIA exams this week -it's a one week course and In finding it fun, challenging and tiring. Whatever happens I think I'll be a better skier at the end of it. I'm probably the oldest in my cohort by 25 years which is interesting.

Good for you. And good luck. And as you say, you'll for sure be a better skier at the end. And I hear you about being the oldest. When I did my CSIA level 1, I was over 60 and most of the others were teenagers. But nobody seemed to care - skiing is skiing, and skiers are skiers, whatever the age.

W8N2SKI

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A good bump ski for me should be not too wide, not too long, not too stiff, and without too much sidecut.

A Goldilocks ski! :wink: I found a cheap used pair of Rossi Temptation 82's that I'm going to experiment with. They are short (152 or 153), and a lot softer than my regular all mountain skis. Plus, I won't care if I beat the crap out of them while I'm trying to learn. Now all I need is snow.

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
I have the K2 Oohlaluv --hate the name but love the ski ! Sounds like I'm pretty similar to W8N2SKI in size, age, ability, and goals--I'm 5'3'', about 102, in my fifties ( ouch!) but in good shape and strong. I was looking for an all-mountain ski, something that could help me in powder ( where I truly suck) but could hold enough of an edge for the occasional East Coast ice-fest. And my goal for 2016/17 is to get proficient in the bumps.

I was deciding between these and the Kenjas--the Oohlaluvs are much easier to turn in powder, and seemed fine on the one icy day we had as well. The Kenjas were nice too, but as a smaller, lighter skier they required significantly more work to turn, and they sank in powder ( but that could have been me...). I think someone else mentioned that they were not as forgiving in either powder or crud, I definitely found that to be the case--they seemed to be crying out for a taller/heavier skier.

(K2 should do something about those dorky names-- I moved up to the OohLaLuvs from the Burnin Luv, and I can't say I didn't consider the dorkiness of the name both times. Why K2 would want to send that kind of a message in this day and age is beyond me. But the Oohlaluvs are great skis, especially I think for the smaller skier.)

I'd think any K2 would be a good bump ski as long as they are not too wide. I have the FulLUVit (yep, another dorky name, but I kind of like it) and it's fairly soft so fun in bumps, even though it's a bit wider at 98mm. Mine are perhaps slightly short for me at 170, but that makes them more manueverable in the bumps and trees, which is a big help. (I need all the help I can get, ha).

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
A Goldilocks ski! :wink: I found a cheap used pair of Rossi Temptation 82's that I'm going to experiment with. They are short (152 or 153), and a lot softer than my regular all mountain skis. Plus, I won't care if I beat the crap out of them while I'm trying to learn. Now all I need is snow.
Good for you!!!! Congrats!

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I have the FulLUVit (yep, another dorky name, but I kind of like it) and it's fairly soft so fun in bumps, even though it's a bit wider at 98mm.

I like full-uv-it better than full-luv-it...I think I will create my own pronunciation, lol! They narrowed the waist to 95 for 2017 which is interesting. Wonder if this could be a good eastern "deep snow" and trees, and go west option for my daughter. Any more details to share? Thinking of the Santa Ana 93 or 100, Atomic Vantage 95 cw, etc. to demo as well.

Skisailor

Angel Diva
I'm looking at the Santa Anna 93 and the Vantage 90 as finalists for my "big mountain" ski. Will let you know as soon as I demo them. Might try the new Kenja as well.

I demoed the Fulluvit last year and wasn't crazy about it. Seems like it might be a great powder ski but it was too "surfy" for me.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
@Skisailor - let me know what you decide Hoping to get on both the Santa Anas and the Vantages on Friday. I expect the Vantage 90 would be a perfect daily driver here as well, just wondering if it won't have the fun factor in the trees due to the titanium. Hope I can try them and predict how they would be - conditions are still very early season here!

Skisailor

Angel Diva
Will do. Yeah - the Vantage 95 sounds more playful. But I'm looking for something to ski deep crud off Lone peak with.

I'll let you know once I get on them and you do the same!!

W8N2SKI

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You gals probably know how envious we are down here in the mid-Atlantic to know that your season is well under way. I hate you all, but love you more. Keep those reports coming - this will be my demo-to-death year, I hope. :smile:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga