• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Bindings for Renoun Z90's?

skibum4ever

Angel Diva

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I used the Look SPX 10 junior race binding on the 77s. It comes as a 73 brake and works perfectly. A lot of the brakes can be used on skis even if the waist is a bit wider. The brakes don't have to be manipulated to fit either.

The difference for me using the Look over the Tyrolia is that Look has a slight angle and the Tyrolia is flat.

kiki

Angel Diva
Hmmm
The renoun website recommends the look spx with a 90mm brake for both the z77 and the z90

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Research indicated that last year's Rossignol Axial3 120 is equivalent to the Look SPX. I found them for $100 at the ski shop in Frisco where we normally get our skis mounted and tuned.

So feel free to chime in if you think this is not a good idea. I plan to take them in tomorrow afternoon to be mounted.

View attachment 8668
Those have a similar ramp angle to the demo bindings that you skied when you tried the Z-90 at Mammoth.
The only difference is stack height, which shouldn't make a ton of difference.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
The Rossignol Axial3 120 bindings work great. They are very easy to step into, but difficult to release. Keystone has a free ski check for homeowners, but I brought the Renouns home so I can work on releasing the bindings. As @kiki said, the bindings may be a bit stiff. Also, the release is not straight down but at an angle. I'm having trouble releasing the left ski but I'm sure it will work out.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
The Rossignol Axial3 120 bindings work great. They are very easy to step into, but difficult to release. Keystone has a free ski check for homeowners, but I brought the Renouns home so I can work on releasing the bindings. As @kiki said, the bindings may be a bit stiff. Also, the release is not straight down but at an angle. I'm having trouble releasing the left ski but I'm sure it will work out.
Maybe get that release issue checked by shop just so you know they will release when you need them to.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
those Axial are tough, skied w/a GF yesterday she had new Rossi 88 Experience w/them on, same thing tough to get out of, I told her same.. take inside and use them a bit ..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna