• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Bindings for Renoun Z90's?

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi Everyone..
I purchased the Renoun Z-90's they are arriving flat and I need binding suggestions.
#1- I HATE the griffins I have on my black pearls they are so difficult to get in to.. and yes, I asked this question on another ski forum site and got a stupid response from that owner, he suggested I put 1940-50 type bindings on them, really rude IMHO)

All suggestions appreciated.

mustski

Angel Diva
I avoided the entire royal family because of the experience I had with the squires. I have Rossi Axial (forget the exact model)and Atomic FFGs and like both of those. I just bought Tyrolia Attack 13s for my new skis. I haven't tried them but have heard good reports from those who have. I like that they have a low delta angle so won't change my stance on the ski.

zoomamyd

Angel Diva
+1 for the Tyrolia Attack! The Griffon is notoriously difficult to get into (Marker readily admits this) - that's ridiculous that someone gave you a hard time about it. Attacks are much easier, so I like them, and also find most bindings from Look to be great too.

Good luck and congrats on the new skis :-)

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have Tyrolia Attack demo bindings on my Kastle BMX105 and really like them - no issues getting in or out. Tyrolia Attack is a good binding, mine is heavy because it's the adjustable demo version, I bet the non-demo version is much lighter. I have Salomon Z12 on my POTUS skis and those binding are good too - really light, not sure how sturdy they are for super high speed cruising though.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My Renouns have Look Pivots on them, and I realllly like it. Attacks are always nice, too, for ease of entry.
This! We have Attack demo bindings on all of our Renouns because we set people up to demo them on a regular basis.

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
I have Looks too - and I love them. I here the Tyrolias are great too.

Btw - I think it's just me, but what does 1940-50 type bindings mean @nopoleskier . I don't think I've ever heard of them.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
At least your question was answered. My binding question continues with nothing but crickets!

I think your thread just shuffled to the bottom and got missed. I bumped it up and it has been answered. The mount marks are the same between the unisex and women's versions.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sorry about dropping the ball on answering your question. I must have lost track of threads while we were at OR. That was a crazy trade show.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think your thread just shuffled to the bottom and got missed. I bumped it up and it has been answered. The mount marks are the same between the unisex and women's versions.

thanks @Robyn. I was wondering about that. read on other forum some move up an inch? No I don't want demo bindings don't want the weight. Looks were one of my first 'race bindings'

@Albertan ski girl the suggestion was for Burt II? Spademan S4? Americana? Moog? Oh oh oh..Kneebinding? ALL Ancient
I posted my ancient bindings as my choice LOL. that really is my first pair of skis. looked like a piece of wood w/carved tip! no edges!!
upload_2017-8-9_7-27-49.jpeg

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
thanks @Robyn. I was wondering about that. read on other forum some move up an inch? No I don't want demo bindings don't want the weight. Looks were one of my first 'race bindings'

@Albertan ski girl the suggestion was for Burt II? Spademan S4? Americana? Moog? Oh oh oh..Kneebinding? ALL Ancient
I posted my ancient bindings as my choice LOL. that really is my first pair of skis. looked like a piece of wood w/carved tip! no edges!!
View attachment 7422

I agree on the demo bindings and I'm about to take the demos off my Atomic Backlands and replace with probably the Aattack which I have and like on my Great Joys. The demos are just too heavy and that bothers my knees. As far as moving them forward, I think some people do like to do that but I don't generally mess with it. However, if you do, I think it's usually measured in centimeters rather than inches. I'm far from an expert though, I stay away from these conversations in general.

Regarding the comment on the old bindings. I found the thread and can see how it came off as rude but I've known him for a long time and I really think he was trying to be funny. You joked back too. And then the actual question got lost in the banter which didn't help with your impression of the rudeness. That being said, I think that @pinto is right on with the Looks (they look really good on her skis too) or the Aattacks would be great on your Renouns.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

View attachment 7422

Most people don't need demo bindings so my comment wasn't a suggestion for you to get demos.
But, I will say, one of the reasons I like the Aaaatack demo binding is because it is one of the bindings that performs much like the consumer binding so you get the same feeling.

As for your post, about bindings, I remember that. I also remember Phil chuckling because he thought the two of you were having fun and he's also aware of your keen amount of knowledge.
I guess that's the risk of a forum. We think we get to know people and their personalities but some times it gets lost in the translation and feelings get hurt.
Sorry about that.

And @SallyCat I'm sorry you didn't feel like you got help on your binding question as well. I remember yours because its in a running thread about binding questions. If there is something missing from the information you're looking for, please check back in.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
And @SallyCat I'm sorry you didn't feel like you got help on your binding question as well. I remember yours because its in a running thread about binding questions. If there is something missing from the information you're looking for, please check back in.

Oh, I did get a great deal of help; I'm sorry if that was obscured by my irritation at a bit of mansplaining. I was aggravated at being told that I shouldn't complain about, or poorly review, the bindings, as though my lived experience with them wasn't as important as Salomon's reputation or other people's experience with the same bindings. But I did indeed get a great deal of help in diagnosing most of the problems with the bindings themselves. (Except for the heel lever thing--that's still a mystery).

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh, I did get a great deal of help; I'm sorry if that was obscured by my irritation at a bit of mansplaining. I was aggravated at being told that I shouldn't complain about, or poorly review, the bindings, as though my lived experience with them wasn't as important as Salomon's reputation or other people's experience with the same bindings. But I did indeed get a great deal of help in diagnosing most of the problems with the bindings themselves. (Except for the heel lever thing--that's still a mystery).
For the record, I don't see a lot of mansplaining on the site. What I see is a group of membership that uses a bit of sarcasm in the posting between men/men, men/women, women/women.
I do think that we women can take it like mansplaining because we're grown sensitive to it. If you browse the site you'll see that the men talk to everyone like that, not just the ladies.
I like that we have a high volume of women posters there and we hold our own. Keep it up

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For the record, I don't see a lot of mansplaining on the site. What I see is a group of membership that uses a bit of sarcasm in the posting between men/men, men/women, women/women.
I do think that we women can take it like mansplaining because we're grown sensitive to it. If you browse the site you'll see that the men talk to everyone like that, not just the ladies.
I like that we have a high volume of women posters there and we hold our own. Keep it up

I'm only referring to the thread about my bindings, and I used the term "mansplaining" because the people replying happened to be men. Regardless of the gender of the posters, I was genuinely surprised and irritated at having to defend my right to be disappointed in a pair of bindings that have, frankly, been a pain in the neck. As soon as I mentioned giving them a poor review, the thread seemed to go into DEFCON-1 alert status at the idea that I would say something negative about Salomon. Again, I felt that my actual experience was being dismissed and my right to speak honestly about that experience discouraged. Perhaps I should have referred to the experience as "gaslighting" because that's what it felt like. I definitely don't want to ask any more questions over there; it's just not worth the trouble. At the same time, I'm very grateful to the people that replied with genuinely helpful answers.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna