• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Banff

Jenny

Angel Diva
Hmm, well it's this: image.jpeg

It's kind of big, and ugly, but the strap is long enough that you can kind of wear it like a crossover purse when skiing, and then slide it around the front to put your hands in while on the chair.

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
Ooooh!!! That looks nice! I'm all about warmth - when it's cold I could care less what I look like :smile:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I had a massage at Banff Springs ... awesome experience!

Jenny

Angel Diva
@Albertan ski girl - I'm sure you saw this already, but there was a fire at the Mount Royal hotel! Two of our party are supposed to stay there next week, too, so it'll be interesting to see what happens with everyone.

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
@Albertan ski girl - I'm sure you saw this already, but there was a fire at the Mount Royal hotel! Two of our party are supposed to stay there next week, too, so it'll be interesting to see what happens with everyone.

Yes! I heard this morning - I didn't know that some of your group was staying there - I just assumed you were all at the Banff Aspen Lodge. Have they received their new accommodation assignment? Luckily, the Mount Royal is owned by Brewster's and they have a number of hotels in the Banff area. Maybe it will be an upgrade?

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
Are you already in Banff @vickie ? If you are, we're skiing at sunshine tomorrow :smile:

Jenny

Angel Diva
Yes! I heard this morning - I didn't know that some of your group was staying there - I just assumed you were all at the Banff Aspen Lodge. Have they received their new accommodation assignment? Luckily, the Mount Royal is owned by Brewster's and they have a number of hotels in the Banff area. Maybe it will be an upgrade?
Heard last night that they'll now be at The Rundlestone.

Jenny

Angel Diva
I feel so organized. Everything is packed and ready to go - which just means I have to get makeup out for tomorrow, but I wanted to see what fit and where. Was going to try and consolidate but decided it was too much trouble . . . Wish we could fly Southwest, but we're just going to have to pay for the extra bag.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I feel so organized. Everything is packed and ready to go - which just means I have to get makeup out for tomorrow, but I wanted to see what fit and where. Was going to try and consolidate but decided it was too much trouble . . . Wish we could fly Southwest, but we're just going to have to pay for the extra bag.
Curious are you bringing separate boot bag and ski bag? I am flying on British Airways in February to Europe and found out boot bag counts as 1 extra ($100) and ski bag as 2 extra ($100).... and supposedly (even though I have done this on British Air) you can't put ski boots in your ski bag . I have a snowboard bag and have done this several times, but now it's in writing that you can't do that..... What to do, what to do.... Maybe the boot bag as carry on luggage? But supposedly there is a weight limit for hand luggage. Curious what airlines you're flying to Banff? Sorry to hijack this thread but saw you're leaving tomorrow...

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
Have a great trip! We were in Banff today – but went for a hike instead. It was a beautiful gorgeous day! But it will be getting colder! We also saw the Mount Royal Hotel – the entire roof is collapsed inward, and a lot of stores that were in the hotel are closed. The Rundle stone is nicer than the Mount Royal – so that should be great! Safe travels!

Jenny

Angel Diva
We're on United this time. Looks like it's still $25 for 1st bag and $35 for 2nd. We each have the boots and one days worth of ski clothes in a carry on, the rest in a suitcase. And then the skis, each in a single Sportube. So that's three things each to lug around.

I was wanting to replace the suitcase with a boot bag stuffed with clothes, because United still counts a ski bag/boot bag combo as one bag, but it didn't quite work. If I'd had to, I might have been able to force it, but it wasn't worth the effort. And this way I can still fit my pillow in.

Jenny

Angel Diva
Have a great trip! We were in Banff today – but went for a hike instead. It was a beautiful gorgeous day! But it will be getting colder! We also saw the Mount Royal Hotel – the entire roof is collapsed inward, and a lot of stores that were in the hotel are closed. The Rundle stone is nicer than the Mount Royal – so that should be great! Safe travels!
I read follow up articles - one said 12 rooms destroyed, another made it sound they were all basically gone.

Can't wait to get there. We drive to Chicago Sunday morning, then meet up with @vickie on the plane and off we go! Two of the others are there already, and I'm not sure when the other couple arrives.

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Keep us posted about the Mount Royal Hotel. That's where my group and I are staying as well Feb 22-26. Thanks for the tip about the spa deal but I never have time for stuff like that on ski trips :bag:

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
Keep us posted about the Mount Royal Hotel. That's where my group and I are staying as well Feb 22-26. Thanks for the tip about the spa deal but I never have time for stuff like that on ski trips :bag:

@CarverJill - I just read today that the Mount Royal won't reopen 'for several months', according to the news, so most likely you will be moved to another hotel for your trip.
Oh, and the great thing about the spa is that it's open until 10 or 11pm, I think, so you could do the spa pools/sauna/baths as an apres ski activity :smile:

CarolB

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Have been south so haven't been on for abit but just read about the Mt Royal fire. @Albertan ski girl is the Fire Station still located right behind it?? If so, that'll be the second fire adjacent to the Hall- the old bus station burned down in the 80s. I remember watching it go up while I was doing trail crew on Mt Norquay right beside the Volunteer Fire Chief.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna