• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Anyone score a great end of season deal?

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Did I word it funny?? I'm planning to keep 'em, if I said it weird. H thinks their less stiff than the jr. race skis I had and those were OK. :smile:

Did I word it funny?? I'm planning to keep 'em, if I said it weird. H thinks their less stiff than the jr. race skis I had and those were OK. :smile:

Then you will rock those lx72s then. Come on next season

I have decided that even though I'm curious about my 170cm Kenjas that I'd still have to pay the $$ to have the bindings adjusted to fit my boots soooooooo I've decided I'm not that curious and will be selling them. I have someone who's expressed interest. I happened upon a great deal for a pair of 2016 163cm Kenjas with bindings at Stowe so I'm hoping to grab those. I was contemplating doing without the Kenja altogether but I skied my 2015 Kenjas 2 out of the 3 days I skied Canada last January so its a good width for a "powder ski" to bring there. I have my Charismas at 79 underfoot and my 90Eights at 98 underfoot so the Kenja at 90 is the perfect in between length.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
So when are you going to use your 90Eights if the Kenja is your powder ski ? Trips out west? Good call on the 163's - probably a better fit.... both my Saffron's and Samba's are 98 but I ski out here....and thereabouts.

So when are you going to use your 90Eights if the Kenja is your powder ski ? Trips out west? Good call on the 163's - probably a better fit.... both my Saffron's and Samba's are 98 but I ski out here....and thereabouts.

Yeah all my other skis are 160-165 so the 170s although I'm sure I can ski them will just be too long. My 90Eights will be my powder ski, slush ski and the skis I bring out west. The 90Eights are kinda overkill and too wide to bring to Canada so that's where the Kenjas will fill in. Next season I have a least one trip planned for Canada and possibly 2 trips out west.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Yeah all my other skis are 160-165 so the 170s although I'm sure I can ski them will just be too long. My 90Eights will be my powder ski and the ski I take out when it gets warm and slushy central happens. The 90Eights are kinda overkill and too wide to bring to Canada. 90Eights will also be my out west ski. I have a least one trip planned for Canada and possibly 2 for out west.
In that case, you'll be covered. Lots of deals out there for 2016 kenjas now. I'm giving my older ones to my SIL. She also wants my k2 lotta luv which was a very popular ski back then. Probably could sell both but I can't be bothered. BTW, my SIL has been skiing probably 20 + years and still loves cruising blue runs. Skied with her at Heavenly for a couple of days this season and she didn't want to do blacks trees or bumps so I would occasionally jump in the trees and meet her at the bottom. That's what's cool about Heavenly. Some black runs, tree areas, and ungroomed runs are literally next to blue groomers. Win win.

In that case, you'll be covered. Lots of deals out there for 2016 kenjas now. I'm giving my older ones to my SIL. She also wants my k2 lotta luv which was a very popular ski back then. Probably could sell both but I can't be bothered. BTW, my SIL has been skiing probably 20 + years and still loves cruising blue runs. Skied with her at Heavenly for a couple of days this season and she didn't want to do blacks trees or bumps so I would occasionally jump in the trees and meet her at the bottom. That's what's cool about Heavenly. Some black runs, tree areas, and ungroomed runs are literally next to blue groomers. Win win.

I found a killer deal on some demo 2016 163 Kenjas with bindings for $359 and free shipping. I may have to get them. You could probably sell the K2's easy enough. I think selling skis is pretty easy. Heck I'd even list them for you, you'd obviously just have to coordinate with giving them to the person lol.

That makes me feel good your SIL loves blue cruisers after 20 years. I simply love, love, love blue cruisers and who knows I might always love them. I am not sure about bumps but did enjoy the couple tree runs I did but definitely need some lessons there. I don't mind black runs if coverage is decent and on a powder day than I'm even more l likely to go on one. I've been on a couple black groomers that were wide, had great coverage and were an absolute blast. I would love to ski Heavenly sometime.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Heavenly is super fun and in California and Nevada. Funny not all blues are created equal and not all blacks are created equal at Heavenly. It makes it quite interesting. Yeah, SIL loves to ski but doesn't get up there a lot, and even still stems turns a little. So what! She has a great time! She doesn't ask for pointers and I don't offer them. We have a blast when my brother and SIL go skiing. Brother is more like me and BF in ability but we all hang together and have a great time. It's all about camaraderie when with a group anyhow. Right?
Plus talking it over at lunch, apres ski and dinner with wine or whatever...

Heavenly is super fun and in California and Nevada. Funny not all blues are created equal and not all blacks are created equal at Heavenly. It makes it quite interesting. Yeah, SIL loves to ski but doesn't get up there a lot, and even still stems turns a little. So what! She has a great time! She doesn't ask for pointers and I don't offer them. We have a blast when my brother and SIL go skiing. Brother is more like me and BF in ability but we all hang together and have a great time. It's all about camaraderie when with a group anyhow. Right?
Plus talking it over at lunch, apres ski and dinner with wine or whatever...

Exactly and ditto to all of this. It's such a fact that not all blues/blacks are created equal. I will definitely hit you up for some trail advice if/when I get to heavenly. I have found it helpful and it takes some of the anxiety away if I talk to someone who's familiar with a mountain and can suggest some trails to hit, ones to avoid, etc. Maybe you'll even be there the same time and can take a run or two with me :smile:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Exactly and ditto to all of this. It's such a fact that not all blues/blacks are created equal. I will definitely hit you up for some trail advice if/when I get to heavenly. I have found it helpful and it takes some of the anxiety away if I talk to someone who's familiar with a mountain and can suggest some trails to hit, ones to avoid, etc. Maybe you'll even be there the same time and can take a run or two with me :smile:
Of course!!!

Picked up a pair of 2016 Volkl Kenjas with Market Griffon bindings in a 163cm for $359 with free shipping. I had been wavering on the 170cm Kenjas that I'd bought being too long for me. I decided it was silly to sit on them for 6 months and when the 163cm's came my way for $359 it was a sign. Sold the 170s and the 163s should be in my possession by friday.

I was also looking for a pair of powder/slush/out west skis for DH and found a pair of demo 2016 Volkl 90Eights in a 177cm with bindings for $265. At least DH knows I was planning on buying him skis so I won't have to hide them now. I wasn't planning on buying these before my vacation next week but $265 with bindings is about as cheap as I was going to find for this new of a ski. Plus I had a $15 coupon from paypal to use that was going to expire next week so that helped with the motivation.

Last edited:

HellaRuby

Certified Ski Diva
Since we all love a good deal and a good jacket...tomorrow is DH's birthday and since he took up snowboarding at the end of last year, he "needed" a snowboarding jacket. You know how that goes lady's... He wanted and old school pullover so I found this Burton Sawyer reversible one onsale for $159. Hopefully he likes it.

burton.jpg

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Despite a largely ignored ski season in this household (for very good reason), I actually did score a deal in early May on a pair of new Intuition Pro Wrap liners for DH - who gets them on Father's Day 6/19. wOOt. $47. #deal :clap:

snow addict

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just paid less than $500 on new technical bindings with brakes, which in my head is a deal because I was expecting to pay $600. Kind of demented, huh?
It's a great deal, in my experience they don't come on sale all that often and don't get discounted as readily as regular bindings. Which ones did you get?

Here are the beauties. These are a slightly shorter pair of the skis i just sold. These are 163cm and just my size. I had last year's in a 163cm so I couldn't be happier. These are demo skis that have barely been used, practically new, came with bindings and had free shipping. Thank you pinnacle/ski essentials from Stowe, Vermont. $359 with marker griffon bindings and free fast shipping. These skis look brand new, you could eat off the top sheets and bases.

20160615_201719_resized.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga