• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. EeveeCanSki

Chairlift Etiquette

Keep skis straight when loading the lift and anticipate when the chair is going to go up. This weekend I was nearly dragged under the chair when a teenager on the other side of me was caught off-guard by the chair taking off and his skis somehow ended up on top of mine. As his timing was off...
  2. EeveeCanSki

Mid-Atlantic/SE skiing (PA, NJ, DC, MD, VA, WV, NC) for 2019-20

That is so nice to hear about WT Women's Day! I've been eyeing doing one of those for a couple of seasons and hopefully next year can bite the bullet and go. The Friday I was at WT during January was their first event and it looked like great fun--I'd probably stick to the greens; still a...
  3. EeveeCanSki

Ski gear colors advice!

Definitely feeling the orange and the teal together--I don't know I've seen that anywhere else, looks very nice! I somehow ended up aqua blue from nearly head to toe, aside from my black pants! My helmet is blue, my jacket blue and white, and my skis blue/white/gray. I didn't quite plan this...
  4. EeveeCanSki

Roundtop has suspended operations Thursday and Friday (2/6-2/7) of this week due to the incoming rain and will reopen on 2/8. This is per their Facebook page as of about an hour ago. It was thin in a few spots on Saturday when we were there. The long range forecast is looking pretty grim for...
  5. EeveeCanSki

Weather Whine Thread

Oh my word I am feeling you on the weather. Nearly describes my experience at one of the more distant hills from us that Mr. Eevee and I like to ski a couple of times a year and I'm still traumatized by it a few weeks on. When we got on the lift it was snowing, but by the time we were off we...
  6. EeveeCanSki

Wisp is a sheet of ice and the tree outside our hotel room probably has a good 0.1 in of coating on it or more. I was hoping for a fun time but conditions became too hazardous for me to feel comfortable. There are a lot of people out there today who don't know their limits (I can see why some...
  7. EeveeCanSki

I was saddened (but not surprised) to see Whitetail closing from Monday to Thursday of this upcoming week, but I'm crossing fingers for them (and for all the resorts near-ish to the national capital area and beyond that were hit hard by this warm streak) to recover by the weekend. My SO heard...
  8. EeveeCanSki

What are your goals or what are you most looking forward to for the 2019/2020 ski season?

My goals for this year aren't anything spectacular--first off, I'll be grateful if I get to ski more than a handful of times. I'm a long-distance caregiver for my mom, a role I was thrown into very suddenly last year, so not only is my time very limited until that situation stabilizes, but I...
  9. EeveeCanSki

Reflections on the 2018/2019 season

I didn't have many days on the snow this season (only 5) due to some personal challenges this year, but going into the season knowing that my time would be very limited, I was determined to make the time count. So while I didn't get to ski all of what I wanted, I still felt some serious...
  10. EeveeCanSki

Mid-Atlantic/SE skiing (PA, NJ, DC, MD, VA, WV, NC) for 2018-19

It looks like per Roundtop's FB page that they will also not open. It was indicated to someone who asked about Sunday that the resort would wait until after the rains for the snow stock to dry out. I was really wishing hard for a ski this weekend at one of the three local to me but I...
  11. EeveeCanSki

2017-2018 Season Accomplishments

Accomplishments this year: 1) Skied my first blue runs! They were pretty gentle with alternating pitch and flats, and I tried them on fresh snow. (The blues at my home hills have constant pitch more or less.) Well worth challenging myself--I had the tools, just had to find the right trails...
  12. EeveeCanSki

Help Needed: How to move to Blue

^^ The last sentence...exactly why an instructor said he would rather wait to take me on his resort's signature blue run even though I have the skiing [turning] skills to navigate it. We did hockey stop after hockey stop on the greens...got the mechanics down, now just need to add more speed!
  13. EeveeCanSki

What are your goals for the 2017/2018 season?

* Totally took advantage of my discount card, using it enough to earn a free day on the slopes this season! * Got my parallel turns more consistent, and doing very well with short parallel. * Got over much fear with pitch changes and relaxed through them. Much less freaked out this year--when I...
  14. EeveeCanSki

Mid-Atlantic/SE skiing (PA, NJ, DC, MD, VA, WV, NC) for 2017-18

With Whitetail looking for a better water supply, might that mean they may make some progress on a planned cruiser from the top of the express chair, that will deposit skiers on the beginner quad to get back to base? My instructor there was telling me about this trail and I would love to see it...
  15. EeveeCanSki

DIVA CATS! (And other pets can play too!)

Be still my heart :love: They are adorable @LKillick !
  16. EeveeCanSki

DIVA CATS! (And other pets can play too!)

Yay--I was wondering if there was a Diva Cats thread to compliment the Diva Dogs!! Another crazy cat lady here :) (I hope this is ok to bump!) This is my nearly 17-years-young old man...a Stage III cancer survivor, 3 legs, and full of pee and vinegar. He had a sister who went to the Rainbow...
  17. EeveeCanSki

Chairlift...when you don't feel the ground beneath your feet!

OMG @KBee...I'm so glad you and your little one are ok after that! Wow, sounds scary even reading it!!! :eek:
  18. EeveeCanSki

Thanks for your quick replies thus far! :smile: Ruh-oh...I'll be in a brace if I go skiing again this season...will have to keep how it might limit me in mind. But when unloading, I always scoot up in the seat just a bit in preparation for the exit, right after lifting the bar. I'm thinking...
  19. EeveeCanSki

One of the things I pride myself on and have received a lot of great feedback from instructors about is that I do well with chairlifts, as in properly loading and unloading. However, I got in a pickle this past weekend with exactly what the title describes, on what could have been a chair set...
  20. EeveeCanSki

Photo of the day

Roundtop had this scheduled not knowing how nice for skiing early March would be! :) Luckily though the resorts in the south central PA lowlands are still at least 2/3 open with pretty nice snow! No closing dates in mind yet and with cold temps this week, the snowpack should be preserved quite...