• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski gear colors advice!

brownelb

Diva in Training
When I got my ski gear, I wasn't focused on matching. I don't really want to be "matchy matchy" but I'm also finding that I might be too..."clashy," especially with my recent addition of a bright dusty orange/coral-ish red helmet (I wanted to be easy to pick out in a crowd).

Do you guys think this set of gear looks okay? Or maybe the helmet just doesn't work? Haha.
I wear black mittens and a black turtle fur.

Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 12.20.39 PM.png

Last edited:

newboots

Angel Diva
Yes, these clothes and helmet look great together. As for the skis, everybody here told me nobody can see your skis because they're covered with snow. Although they look terrific with your pants!

Now, here at theskidiva.com, we will encourage and indeed, enable you on any purchase of gear or clothing you might plan, want, or even imagine making. Heck, we'll enable to you dream of purchases you don't even want to make!

EeveeCanSki

Certified Ski Diva
Definitely feeling the orange and the teal together--I don't know I've seen that anywhere else, looks very nice!

I somehow ended up aqua blue from nearly head to toe, aside from my black pants! My helmet is blue, my jacket blue and white, and my skis blue/white/gray. I didn't quite plan this...

brownelb

Diva in Training
I somehow ended up aqua blue from nearly head to toe, aside from my black pants! My helmet is blue, my jacket blue and white, and my skis blue/white/gray. I didn't quite plan this...

Aqua blue is so fun! I originally ordered an aqua helmet but it didn't fit -- so orange it was! I bet you look awesome!

Yes, these clothes and helmet look great together. As for the skis, everybody here told me nobody can see your skis because they're covered with snow. Although they look terrific with your pants!

Now, here at theskidiva.com, we will encourage and indeed, enable you on any purchase of gear or clothing you might plan, want, or even imagine making. Heck, we'll enable to you dream of purchases you don't even want to make!

Good point on the skis. I'll not worry about it! Oh, I'll definitely take you guys up on that new gear-enabling. ;)

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Gorgeous combination - zero worries.

I used to be super matchy, but have gone to the dark side lately with my combination - today I was in an orange shell, olive pants, teal helmet and plum purple goggles!

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
This may be an over-abundance of caution, but I have only one rule about ski clothing colors: I will never wear a jacket that is white/off-white/grey, or any combination of white with small splashes of dark color (esp combined with a white helmet!) -- too easy to blend into the snow if I end up crashed in deep snow on a poor-visibility day. I tend to think in terms of worst-case scenarios, but I've seen wipe-outs where you could barely see the skier from the lift...

Last edited:

Christy

Angel Diva
And someone that loves to take pictures on the snow, I really appreciate people that wear orange. It looks terrific against the snow. Most bright colors do, but there is something about orange (and bright pink) that I really love.

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
When I got my ski gear, I wasn't focused on matching. I don't really want to be "matchy matchy" but I'm also finding that I might be too..."clashy," especially with my recent addition of a bright dusty orange/coral-ish red helmet (I wanted to be easy to pick out in a crowd).

Do you guys think this set of gear looks okay? Or maybe the helmet just doesn't work? Haha.
I wear black mittens and a black turtle fur.

View attachment 12140
What....really?
Those colors are awesome together....
Maybe get a color wheel. Lol go enjoy no-Mater what you look like.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Maybe get a color wheel.

Did we every have a "color wheel" inspired thread for potential outfits? I have some vague memory or maybe it was in a pants/jacket slut thread, but maybe it would be fun to have a thread for complete outfits. OK so this suggestion sounds so 'girly girl' but really I'm very limited in artistic expressions at work (ultra conservative) and surf (wetsuits are primarily black), equestrian (traditional) so skiing is one place where can have some cheeky color.....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga