• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. SquidWeaselYay

I got to try next year's skis!

It's hard to believe that the Kenja is no longer going to be in production. Glad I picked up a new set this year before they go away for good! Curious about those new BPs - adding them to my demo list for next year for a possible east coast tree ski. I demoed the 82s last Friday, and although...
  2. SquidWeaselYay

Article: BOA - It's not just a closure system

Interesting. As a very, very low volume foot-have, I’m really curious to see where this tech goes. I’d love to have separate boa closures for different zones, maybe something that could snug up a crazy low instep. A bit of a side question - is it impossible to do canting on a boot like the...
  3. SquidWeaselYay

What detergent you use for Merino wool base layer?

I use "Sport-Wash" that I get off of Amazon. It's a more affordable option than tech wash, but is residue-free and designed for technical and wool fabrics. I wash with cool water on the delicate cycle, extra rinsing. If stuff is really manky I wash it twice on the delicate cycle. If I am washing...
  4. SquidWeaselYay

Women's Clinics

I was Jes! Orange pants, purple and aqua jacket, short hair! I started in the group with "Hot Dot" lol, but got switched to Lindsey's group on the first day.
  5. SquidWeaselYay

Tell me about your ski quiver!

Current Rotation: Santa Ana 93 157cm (thinking about selling, just lost that lovin' feeling for them) Sheeva 9 157cm Sheeva 10 156cm Stockli Nela 96 156cm Astral 78 ti 157cm Beater/Rock Ski Quiver: '17 Volkl Kenjas 163cm '13 Line Celebrity 90, 151cm
  6. SquidWeaselYay

Women's Clinics

Looks like I will have to wait for another year to take the Women's Clinic after all. My house/pet sitter that I had lined up blew her ACL out completely, and I can't find another person for those days.
  7. SquidWeaselYay

New petite skier, how to choose skis?

This is great advice. It can make a world of difference!
  8. SquidWeaselYay

Women's Clinics

I wish! I’m hoping to go next year. I’m heading out to Big Sky to do the women’s clinic there, I officially signed up!
  9. SquidWeaselYay

New petite skier, how to choose skis?

Yay! I hope they are perfect for you! Going to a longer ski can feel more stable and give you more confidence. It can help you trust your edges more to "hold" you.
  10. SquidWeaselYay

Women's Clinics

And the food is GOOD lol
  11. SquidWeaselYay

Women's Clinics

Dooooo ittttttt! I learned so much about moguls from Donna in just the little crash course she gave us during my clinic. I can only imagine what she could teach you in two full days! Killington was a bit icy when I was there, but I think they are getting some snow next week.
  12. SquidWeaselYay

Women's Clinics

I did not attend the mogul focused clinic, but she does run mogul clinics! The mogul clinics usually are Thurs and Fri.
  13. SquidWeaselYay

Women's Clinics

That works for me! I CAN unfortunately be talked into just about anything...my biggest hesitation is always the thought of holding others back with any struggles I may have. I suppose that will depend on the composition of the group and the skill levels of those around me. That sounds awesome...
  14. SquidWeaselYay

Women's Clinics

Thanks for the awesome intel! I’ll let you know if I pull the trigger on it! What is the mobility session?
  15. SquidWeaselYay

Women's Clinics

Good points. I’ve skied Big Sky many times, usually stick to blues and blacks. I don’t think I’ve ever done a double black out there. I’ve also never done the team accessed terrain. I think the most difficult terrain out there I’ve done is the challenger lift and one of the bowls. I didn’t die...
  16. SquidWeaselYay

Women's Clinics

Also, not sure if they mean actual DEEP powder, not east coast “powder.” If they mean actual powder, I’d be screwed. I can’t ski good snow lol
  17. SquidWeaselYay

Women's Clinics

I’m just always nervous about getting in over my head and being the one that hold everyone else up. I would hate to go and it ends up being all experts and then there is me, still trying to link more than 3 moguls together.
  18. SquidWeaselYay

Women's Clinics

Gonna hijack the thread a second: Has anyone done the Big Sky Women's Clinic? I'm tempted, but I am not sure if I'm good enough. It says the minimum ability is to be a strong parallel skier, and I'm way past that, but still....I'm intimidated yet intrigued. Big Sky Womens Clinic
  19. SquidWeaselYay

What constitutes a ski day?

I count even one run. If we quit after one run, it is usually because that run gave us a run for our money. If we made it down something that gnarly, I'm going to say it counts.
  20. SquidWeaselYay

East coast carver

That's what I'm afraid of too! I don't want to get something that is either not enough for pushing myself, or I will outgrow it quickly. That being said, I did snag up the Astral 78s for a song. I figured I'd spend what's left of the season on those to work on progressing (or at the very...