• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. TeleChica

Anyone else doing some home improvement projects?

I have a small 1-BR condo in Jamaica Plain that I rent out. My tenants moved out April 1, and I thought I was just going to have to do a bit of painting myself, but when I went over to look (had not been inside in 3-4 years) it was clear the place really needed a lot of TLC. So, new windows...
  2. TeleChica

Got my COVID vaccine

Got my second jab on Wednesday (#goteampfizer), and still feel a bit crappy, like a mild cold. Was chilled yesterday (hot, cold, hot, cold, like my usual hot flashes but worse), but no fever. It's like someone pulled the plug and my energy is at about 65%. I can still work and function, but I'll...
  3. TeleChica

What do you think of this video by Deb Armstrong?

I love this video. I think her point to those boys was that there are places and slopes where you really do not want to fall. They were flopping and giving up when they got off balance. You could see it on their first drop. Then on the second they held on and kept going. Just pointing that out...
  4. TeleChica

Help me find a new uninsulated hardshell

Congrats! I was going to just put in a plug for LL Bean Gortex jackets. I love mine, and the price is right..
  5. TeleChica

Got my COVID vaccine

Actually, after the initial outrage when Governor Baker took shots away from hospitals, then gave them back, hospital systems have been reaching out for awhile. My SO and I got texts several weeks ago on the same day with a link to schedule appointments on the same day. We knew my SO was...
  6. TeleChica

Saddleback Maine March 9, 2021

Great trip report! Agree with everything you said. What a wonderful mountain. My SO is a boarder, and getting into Casablanca was a pain, but not unbearably so (well, it was a bit for me because it was a powder day and I had to wait). We were there the season before they closed. View at the...
  7. TeleChica

So what have you missed this season?

Honestly, I miss skiing. I did manage two lovely BC days at Mt. Cardigan, but it's been hard to get to snow and deal with travel restrictions. I also really, really miss Vermont. Oh, so much. I miss the single chair and incredible skiing, lunch in the bar, Lawsons on tap, and the fun vibe of...
  8. TeleChica

Homage to the chairlift

When I am anxious and stressed out and can't sleep, I picture myself on the single chair at Mad River Glen. Definitely my happy place. I love the solitude of the ride up, contemplating the great ski down. But you're never along at MRG--most of my trips there are with friends and it's always...
  9. TeleChica

5 Types of people on ski slopes

In fairness, they are all men because the comedian who did the video is a guy. He's got some other amusing videos of just himself. But like other Divas, I did note the lack of female skier types.
  10. TeleChica

Holy @#$! Video of skier at Mammoth

OMG how fun! Thanks for posting this.
  11. TeleChica

Does Anyone Tour at Wachusett?

I have skinned and skied Wachusett, but it's been awhile. I skinned up the hiking trail. There is one steep crux move, but otherwise it's fine. Wachusett is charging to skin inbounds, so check their policy before you go. Friends who live close by who have passes skin fairly often. My SO and...
  12. TeleChica

Eating and Drinking in the Backcountry

I try to keep it simple. Agree with 1L water and a thermos of something hot. The hot thermos makes all the difference, IMO. I usually bring a couple of Cliff bars, Kind bars, and a sandwich or two small sandwiches if we'll be out longer. Maybe also, carrots, dried fruit, or a pickle (wrapped...
  13. TeleChica

First Time Visiting Cannon (March 2021) - Advice?

Love Cannon! It's one of my favorite mountains. But it can be challenging in places. Regarding Mittersill, I honestly not have had a great run over there since they opened it (great runs before they opened it). Trails were either really skied off and icy or narrow and icy. I don't think they...
  14. TeleChica

Has anyone flown recently?

@ski diva Rates are coming down overall. Perhaps give it a couple of weeks and go when rates are a bit lower? Just a thought. Definitely a hard decision.
  15. TeleChica

Avalanche death at Mt. Washington

A nice article about Ian. https://vtskiandride.com/avalanche-mt-washington-ian-forgays/?fbclid=IwAR3rgBVFCFsaoCLkkhZ_yKAO86TMJeZ6a5TieLeKs1H7HTqdAx6N9pneQmg Lots of people backcountry ski solo. I do at times, but only in places with a lot of traffic (Mt. Cardigan ski trails, Sherbern, Gulf of...
  16. TeleChica

VT or bust

The real estate situation in a lot of places is crazy. I'm hearing the same thing from family and friends in Ohio, believe it or not. And my colleague who lives in the Atlanta area and her wife have been priced out a couple of times looking for their first home. If you look in the Boston area on...
  17. TeleChica

Crowds/Reservations?

Are you planning a day trip from Boston? It's a really long drive for a day trip, IMO. Please also check the travel restrictions before you go. In terms of how long, probably 40 minutes, and then I had to park at the XC center and take that lift to the main area.
  18. TeleChica

Crowds/Reservations?

Hi @Boston girl. Just a heads up that just getting to the mountain can be a chore with long lines to get in to the lot. There is one road in. I had to park at the XC center preCOVID, and I though going at 9 am was early enough. My advice is to get there well before the lifts open. Good luck...
  19. TeleChica

John Egan Out at Sugarbush

Just saw this: https://www.valleyreporter.com/index.php/news/local-news/15214-sugarbush-eliminates-chief-recreational-office-position Apparently John Hammond, former director of operations, was promoted to CEO, and he fired Egan. I honestly don't get it. @SkiDiva have you heard anything about...
  20. TeleChica

New England Travel Restrictions (other than VT)

:( For future reference, I went to the Suffolk Downs site last Saturday and had a scheduled appt. I was done in 5 minutes, results that same night.