• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I'm a Pants Slut!

I have my cold weather jacket that's made by 686, they make some fine ski clothes....

I have 2 pairs of ski pants. Black ones I use for teaching as part of my uniform and I had these peach colored ones. Black ones were at the hotel when we went to Mount Snow and I wasn't teaching so I was wearing my peach ski pants. Got out of my Jeep when Michael tells me I have a large hole in the left but cheek of my skis pants. Sh!t and I wasn't wearing thermals either. Well guess we're off to the ski shop to buy me some ski pants. Fortunately the end of season sales had started and I found these pants I LOVED. Volcom Maroon gortex slim stretch fit in my size. $180 originally but after the 40% I got them for $114. These are great pants, really quality material. I felt badly because Michael bought the peach pants for me for my birthday and they fell apart. He's going to try to get a refund. That's one of the risky things about buying things online is you can't touch/feel the material to see if its durable or not. I love my new Volcom pants, they are so comfortable and I love the color. I also love the interior color, its this pretty pastel blue color that you see when I unzip the leg vents.

20160329_175203_resized.jpg 20160329_175311_resized.jpg 20160329_175421_resized.jpg

newboots

Angel Diva
Having just one pair of pants, I think I chose wisely (closeout from sierratradingpost).
Mine are not this awesome blue, but a very pale gray with dark gray at the bottom and reddish zippers. I decided I really wanted Gore-Tex pants (for the obvious reasons). My jacket is purple.
240076_14451_L.jpg

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have been eyeing these Obermeyer Malta pants and finally found them in my size.

obermeyer1.png

When I put them together with my turquoise coat, there was just too much green in the pants. I was so disappointed. But then I found this year's version of TheSkiDiva's pants in my size and loved them with my jacket. Perfect!

obermeyer2.png

Now, I need to find a Buff or an uninsulated neck gaiter to go with it. I'm looking at the Buff pattern called Batik. If you have any other suggestions...
Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 9.20.41 AM.png

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Check out Skida and their Tour neckwarmer. My new favorite style:
https://skida.com/search?q=Tour

I looked at the Tour earlier and I like one of the color ways, but I have a question. What does it mean "Our Brushed Thermal fabric is soft on one side and bold on the other"? Is it warm like fleece?

I get too warm when I ski and unless it's below 25* F, I'm uncomfortable wearing anything that's insulated. I want something to keep the wind off my neck, nothing more. The Classic Buff was a perfect weight.

BTW, I love your Skida hat in your profile picture.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I looked at the Tour earlier and I like one of the color ways, but I have a question. What does it mean "Our Brushed Thermal fabric is soft on one side and bold on the other"? Is it warm like fleece?

I get too warm when I ski and unless it's below 25* F, I'm uncomfortable wearing anything that's insulated. I want something to keep the wind off my neck, nothing more. The Classic Buff was a perfect weight.

BTW, I love your Skida hat in your profile picture.

The tour is not lined, just a thin stretchy fabric that is brushed sof on the inside - very much like a Buff, but stretchier and slightly thicker. I love that it is thin enough to pull it up and trap it under my goggles too.

You should see my entire Skida collection, lol. I believe that Candy Dot hat was my first, and after that I was hooked! I wear that particular one often during hunting season when I walk the dogs in the woods - goes great with my neon running jacket and they can't say they didn't see me.

laine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I recently purchased the Marmot Cheeky Pant this season (on sale) in the Neon Coral - https://marmot.com/women-bottoms/wm...0_color=2975&dwvar_76130_size=000020M#start=1

I wasn't sure if they were a gimmick, but I needed new GoreTex pants and I prefer a shell over insulated. But I liked the idea of just the insulated shorts which are removable. With all the snow in Tahoe, they have kept my tushy warm when the lift seat has been cold or wet.

Loving them so far!

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I recently purchased the Marmot Cheeky Pant this season (on sale) in the Neon Coral - https://marmot.com/women-bottoms/wm...0_color=2975&dwvar_76130_size=000020M#start=1

I wasn't sure if they were a gimmick, but I needed new GoreTex pants and I prefer a shell over insulated. But I liked the idea of just the insulated shorts which are removable. With all the snow in Tahoe, they have kept my tushy warm when the lift seat has been cold or wet.

Loving them so far!

Ooooh, I watched a video on those. About time someone sold a pair of shell pants with this feature. Enjoy!

captain_hug99

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just ordered Columbia Jump Off pants. I had a hard time deciding between the berry and the spray colors. My ski jacket is purple, so I went with spray. I hope they fit as well as everyone says!

Blondeinabmw

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just ordered Columbia Jump Off pants. I had a hard time deciding between the berry and the spray colors. My ski jacket is purple, so I went with spray. I hope they fit as well as everyone says!
Can't wait to hear how you like them! They had a great sale for rewards members recently with an extra 25% off the sale price, which makes them an amazing deal! I contemplated ordering another color just for fun. Curious as to whether you find the color depiction accurate against what appears online. The laser red I ordered was neon pink in reality.

captain_hug99

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Can't wait to hear how you like them! They had a great sale for rewards members recently with an extra 25% off the sale price, which makes them an amazing deal! I contemplated ordering another color just for fun. Curious as to whether you find the color depiction accurate against what appears online. The laser red I ordered was neon pink in reality.

Got them today! The tag on them had a MSRP of $250, I bought them for $150.

I am a size 18W, sometimes I can get away with a 18, but 18Ws fit best. I got the XL pants. They are snug in the butt and hips, however, there is a lot stretch in the pants and felt them move with me and not give me a wedgie. I love the spray color! Not quite as light as depicted, which is fine, I was concerned about having pants too light.

I put them on and my 13 year old daughter said, "ooooh those look cool." So two thumbs up from the teen crowd.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love the fit of the Jump Off pants, in a short, which is hard to find, I REGRET not buying them full price last year in the nocturnal color. ;( thought they would be duplicative, lesson learned, if the fit is perfect, just buy them. Haven't been able to locate, and well, DD steals my navy roxy pants now when she's not in team uniform......

captain_hug99

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Today was my first time to ski with the Jump Off pants. OMG, I'm in love. Previously, I was using Land's End snow pants. These move with me and don't feel bulky. Even though they were a bit tight at first fit, they never felt tight today.

I will say, they aren't as warm as my Land's End pants. But I have other base layers to fix that.

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
Attention plus size lady rippers! I just got these bib pants:

https://www.sportiveplus.com/en/alpine-noir.html

And I am in LOVE! These are the best ski pants I've ever had. They are so comfortable, stretchy and amazingly waterproof. I've got about 3 days in them now - 2 full on powder days - and they are amazing. The fit is incredible, and they move with you so well. Two thumbs up for these awesome bib pants. I have them in a 16w, and they are perfect. They are a little on the big size, but I do like having room for a fleece pant layer on super cold days. Love love love them. I can't recommend them enough.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna