• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I'm a Pants Slut!

lisamamot

Angel Diva
So pretty! I think I'm envious of all pants in different colours. Pants that come in petite or short length tend to only come in black or sometimes white. I have colour envy.

Have you checked out The North Face? The LRBC Freedom and Sally comes in multiple colors each season in all three inseams (short, regular, long). Pickings get super slim by mid-season. Perhaps jumping on it at the beginning of the season would be best as the shorts tend to sell out fast? I just ordered my daughter a small long purple LRBC, and I know I saw the hot pink Sally in multiple sizes in a short at St. Bernard Sports (I keep an eye out for my sister who is nearly 6" shorter than me).

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I just ordered these when REI was running the extra 30% off the Outlet...we'll see if they are warm and fit. Inseam said 33", so fingers crossed!

I might have to get a new hat.....

OR-pant.jpg

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
^^I have a pair of ORs that are super long, bought them end of last season for peanuts. Love them.

shnu

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The days when you go out with your boyfriend to look for shoes (for him!) and come home with The North Face Free Thinker Bib Pants in greystone blue. Not that I needed it but ... well I did as I didn't have a bib pant in my collection until now . And it was only EUR 119,-

elemmac

Angel Diva
... well I did as I didn't have a bib pant in my collection until now . ,-

I love your logic here, cause I use the similar excuses every year. Never really "need" anything, but somehow I find ways to justify.

Also, the Free Thinker Bib looks pretty amazing, I've been eyeing them for awhile now.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I picked these up recently. They're a wee bit small but should work by Christmas time.
14-ArcTeryx-Sentinel-Pant-W-Dragon-Fruit.jpg

20150923_220555_resized.jpg 20151012_105416_resized.jpg I was so bummed when I learned I need to wear black ski pants for teaching and couldn't wear the new jacket I'd wanted to buy because they also give us a jacket to wear. I compromised by buying a cool new pair of black ski pants and when I'm not teaching I'll wear my red ski pants with my new red jacket.

View attachment 4376

Jilly

Staff member
Well the pants may have been a good buy, but I can't get the brace in them. Good thing it's really only for pain from the OA, and not support. So I'll keep them.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
@WaterGirl , very sadly the Columbia Jump Off pant you recommended does not work for me., sigh.....going to have to come up with something else for DH to give me for Christmas!

That said, they are truly outstanding pants - stretchy and lightweight, omni-heat lining, venting, and pockets galore. I ordered them in a medium and the length was too short - they advertise as 32" but they are 31", and the waist was too roomy for me (I am on the starting end of the size chart). For anyone in the middle of the size chart for their size, they are definitely worth a try!

I am trying sooooo hard to be a pants slut.

jump off pant.jpg

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@lisamamot sorry they didn't work out :frown:

I resisted the Jump Off up until the next trip up and I walk by them and they call my name.....

However, I did do a little sluting around and bought a pair of Roxy Rushmore 2L Gore-Tex pants on sale at BackCountry b/c I wanted a pair of Gray Shell pants and well for 125$ I couldn't pass them up. Plus they fit great, even though they do sit a little lower than I would prefer for a powder day, but seem to interface well w/ my powder skirt on my shell jacket so its all good.

Last edited:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I can't believe I'm contributing to this thread, but I am. Some context: I just came off of a year of not buying anything (My Year of Going Without), so I haven't bought anything in quite a while. AND I've been looking for yellow ski pants for like forever. Seems I can never find any that fit me and I like.

Well, today I skied at Killington and on the way home, I stopped at a shop on the access road. There I found not one, but two pair of ski pants: the yellow ones I've been searching for and a pair I just couldn't pass up because they were so cool and matched my jacket perfectly. Anyway, I bought them both! My birthday was yesterday, so happy birthday to me!

Here are the ones I couldn't pass up:

IMG_3793.jpg

IMG_3796.jpg

See how well they match my jacket? So can you blame me?

And here are the yellow ones:

IMG_3804.jpg

Both are Obermeyer. Not the most technical pants, but hey, I'm thrilled!

Matching is just as important as being technical :smile:. Congrats, they look great......

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga