• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I'm a Pants Slut!

Tvan

Angel Diva
I LOVE the ones with the pattern! Fantastic!!

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Super cute!!

DH bought me these when TJ Max dropped the price for the 3rd time!
51RRAludT9L._SL1000_.jpg

Last edited:

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I can't believe I'm contributing to this thread, but I am. Some context: I just came off of a year of not buying anything (My Year of Going Without), so I haven't bought anything in quite a while. AND I've been looking for yellow ski pants for like forever. Seems I can never find any that fit me and I like.

Well, today I skied at Killington and on the way home, I stopped at a shop on the access road. There I found not one, but two pair of ski pants: the yellow ones I've been searching for and a pair I just couldn't pass up because they were so cool and matched my jacket perfectly. Anyway, I bought them both! My birthday was yesterday, so happy birthday to me!

Here are the ones I couldn't pass up:

View attachment 4876

View attachment 4877

See how well they match my jacket? So can you blame me?

And here are the yellow ones:

View attachment 4878

Both are Obermeyer. Not the most technical pants, but hey, I'm thrilled!

they are both awesome! can't miss you on the slopes!

TeleChica

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was looking at those pants online! I just sprung for a purple Arc teryx Theta Jacket, and those pants would be perfect! Alas, I did not see any in my size. You look great in them.

Blondeinabmw

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@lisamamot sorry they didn't work out :frown:

I resisted the Jump Off up until the next trip up and I walk by them and they call my name.....

However, I did do a little sluting around and bought a pair of Roxy Rushmore 2L Gore-Tex pants on sale at BackCountry b/c I wanted a pair of Gray Shell pants and well for 125$ I couldn't pass them up. Plus they fit great, even though they do sit a little lower than I would prefer for a powder day, but seem to interface well w/ my powder skirt on my shell jacket so its all good.
Columbia.com has the jump off pant on sale right now for $185 with free shipping if you sign up for their rewards program. I ordered them yesterday. God I hope they work, because I love the idea of them.
Ya'll are a bunch of enablers, by the way, and I love you for it.

Blondeinabmw

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Good news: Columbia Jump Off pants are amazing! The fit is fantastic. True to size. Not too high rise, fabulous stretch, flattering fit, lots of bells and whistles like leg vents, adjustable waist, heavyweight denier nylon scuff guards, adjustable lower leg openings, loops to connect a jacket, those wonderful lower leg pockets, and the Omni Heat fabric lining. They are really amazing.

Bad News: Laser Red color way is not anything even close to red. Think neon fruit punch pink. And the scuff guards that look black online in that color option are actually a dusty navy. The blue color is like a tropical blue, not what I'd consider "electric" blue by any stretch, which to me is a bright cobalt. I didn't see the plum color in person.

Fortunately, my local Columbia retail (not outlet) store had them in black. So I will be in black pants, but they are that good I will live with it.

If you're looking for amazing pants and willing to live with weird colors, these are TOTALLY worth considering. And very much on sale now. $250 originally, marked down at columbia.com to $185, and were $146 in the store, plus an additional 25% off coupon for signing up for their rewards program a week earlier. I paid $120 with tax.

DUMB QUESTION though: what are those black nylon straps/tabs on the front of the boot gaiters supposed to do? https://www.columbia.com/jump-off-p...0120!&ef_id=VqeFQQAAAR85ATB1:20160205210946:s

arbusch

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am glad I am not the only jacket and pant slut. I have four pair of pants and have been looking for another. Currently have insulated and noninsulated cloudveil softeshells in black, a cloudveil rpk in light brown, and new this year a pair of girls xl boulder gear insulated hardshells in black plaid that my girlfriend I had bought and didn't fit and thought I might like them. I have been thinking of finding a replacement to my cloudveil rpks for touring on wet, windy days. They just don't block the wet snow anymore. Looking at acrteryx azettas, black diamond mission, and patagonia untracked but just can't decide if I need them.

It probably doesn't help that I think I need all kinds of pants for different conditions and for resort days and backcountry days.

Tvan

Angel Diva
I'm skiing at Sunday River today wearing the flowered pants. Here it is 10:30 and I've already had 4 different men tell me they like them.

The newly renovated ski shop at Mohawk mountain had these pants on sale, but alas, not in my size.

Mom of Redheads

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Love love the flowered pants, ski diva... I'm purring a la Austin Powers in my mind...:love::love: Yeah, baby

I can't believe they were still in a ski shop in January... Wonder if that's because the snow has sucked or because you're tiny enough to wear a small size? However it happened, you got a nice windfall!:clap:

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't think I'm a pants slut, exactly, but I'm apparently a disturbingly dedicated Arc'teryx Sentinel fan. I have two pairs of Sentinel pants, and I just got a pair of Sentinel bibs. I've never had a pair of bibs before. They are amazing! No pressure on my waist, no cold breeze up my back, and an extra pocket for my collapsible cup! Good thing, too, because they've changed the Sentinel pants this year to be a slimmer fit. The bibs are still relaxed fit.

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've been looking for some tall,non-insulated pants for our 50 degree January ski days here in so cal. My white burton pants from 2005 are too dirty and small now. I've been stalking ebay and made a $45 offer on some pants listed at $100. The person/store accepted! Here they are - kinda unique but not quite as cool as my other patterned pants that still get daily compliments. I think they will work well for warmer days as since they are 'jeans' they will match whatever jacket I have, right? Gah now I'm hooked on finding other awesome pants.

_9718022.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga