Want to spend the day with women who love skiing as much as you do, while taking your skills to a higher level?
The answer may be as simple as a women’s ski clinic. Today there are women’s ski clinics at just about every resort. It’s a great way to gain confidence and improve your skiing in an encouraging, supportive environment, free of male machismo.
Here are a few you might want to investigate:
- Okemo Women’s Alpine Adventures (Okemo, VT): This well regarded women’s clinic is headed by Maria Tomaselli, honored by Skiing magazine as one of “America’s Best Instructors.” Okemo offers five, three, and two day programs.
- Copper’s Wednesday Womens Program (Copper Mountain, CO): Here’s a program where you can come every week, or just drop in. Held every Wednesday throughout the ski season.
- Ski with Kim (Beaver Creek & Aspen, CO): Kim Reichelm’s skiing resume is impressive, with two World Extreme Skiing Championships and winnings in the U.S. Extremes and the South American Extremes. She’s also skied with the U.S. Ski Team and the Women’s Pro Tour. Kim’s Women’s Ski Adventures are 4-day, 5-night instructional ski vacations that are educational, informative, and lots of fun.
- Jackson Hole’s Women’s Ski Camps: JH runs two 4-day sesssions: one in January, and one in February. Join Jackson Hole’s top women instructors as they help intermediate, advanced, and expert skiers conquer the big stuff on this amazing mountain.
- Women’s Extreme Edge: Didi Lawrence heads up a four days session open to skiers Level 8 and up who are eager for the challenge of double-black terrain, and offers coaching in both the technical and psychological aspects of extreme skiing. Didi is an amazing instructor whose enthusiasm and expertise will have you doing things on skis you never thought possible! You can see my interview with her here.
- Mermer Blakeslee’s Women’s Fear Clinic: If fear is holding you back, this is the clinic for you. Mermer Blakeslee, the ski industry expert on fear and author of the renowned “In The Yikes Zone,” (see my interview of Mermer here), holds a four day clinic in January just for women at Windham Mountain (NY).
- Snowbird’s Women’s Ski Camp: Held for four days in January and four days in March. The January session features guest instructor Robin Barnes, who has twice earned a spot on Ski Magazine’s Top 100 Instructors list. Snowbird also offers Women’s Monday Getaways, held every Monday morning throughout the season.
- Holly Flanders’ 3-Day Workshops (The Canyons, UT): Sessions are held in January, February, and March, and are headed by Olympian and World Cup Champion Holly Flanders.
There are many other women’s ski clinics to choose from, too. Call your favorite resort — chances are they’ll have one.