So here it is, the last day of 2008. And while I’m sitting here looking out my window at the snow coming down, I thought I’d reflect a bit on the year that’s coming to a close:
Here are some of my memorable ski-related moments, from 2008:
- Meeting and skiing with members of TheSkiDiva.com at Solitude during Diva Week in Utah;
- Meeting and skiing with tmembers of TheSkiDiva.com during Okemo Diva Day;
- Breaking a personal record of ski days, with 63 days for the ’07-’08 season. This meant LOTS of fun days on the snow;
- Nearly destroying my nearly new Queen Attivas at Magic Mountain (hey, it was memorable, all right!). I took a huge chunk out of the base, but was able to get it repaired;
- Getting to try next year’s skis at the industry demo days at Stratton in February. I felt like a kid in a candy store! You can see my reviews here and here.
- Getting TheSkiDiva sign on Good Morning America, when the show came to Vermont;
- Expanding the site to include an E-store for great TheSkiDiva.com gear, a directory of women’s ski resources, and a new home page with ski news and member pix;
- Publishing TheSkiDiva.com Cooks!, a cookbook with recipes submitted by forum members. If you’d like a copy, go here;
- Getting a publisher for my ski-related mystery, tentatively called DOUBLE BLACK: A SKI DIVA MYSTERY, and coming from St. Martin’s Press in January, 2010; You can find out more about it here.
- Passing 1,000 members in TheSkiDiva.com.
Here’s hoping that 2009 brings us all more terrific ski memories. And here’s wishing you a safe, happy, and healthy new year.