So where’d 2007 go?
It’s been an interesting year for me. Some of the highlights include:
- Membership in TheSkiDiva.com surpassed 500: A terrific on-line community of women skiers. If you haven’t checked it out yet, be sure you do. It’s fun, informative, and free!
- 52 ski days, which is pretty good for me, given the less than stellar season here in the east. Hope it’s better this year. We’re off to a good start in Vermont; let’s just hope it continues.
- New gear: Always fun. I acquired two new pair of skis — Fischer Vision 73’s and Volkl Queen Attiva’s — plus a pair of boots — Nordica Speed Machine 10’s. At year end sales, too!
- The publication of Finn, by Mr. Ski Diva (AKA Jon Clinch): To tremendous critical acclaim, I might add. Named one of the year’s best books by the Washington Post, the Chicago Tribune, Amazon.com, BookSense, the Hartford Courant, and more. Plus a finalist for the John Sargeant Sr. First Novel Prize. Had to throw that in. Can you tell I’m proud?
And here’s what I’m already looking forward to in 2008:
- Meeting more members of TheSkiDiva.com: I met a few in 2007. It’s fun to meet people you’ve already established a relationship with on line. If you participate in the forum, you can understand the way I feel!
- A trip to Solitude: I’m heading out there the first week of March. Never been, so I’m very excited!
- Finn’s publication in paperback in March. Need I say more?