Ski season has already begun at A-Basin and Loveland. And before you know it, it’ll be starting where you ski, too.
So are you ready for the season?
Here are a few things you might want to take care of, so you’ll be ready on Opening Day:
- Make sure to have your skis tuned: And your bindings checked. After all, safety first!
- Wax ’em if you got ’em: Your skis are thirsty after a long season’s rest. So give ’em the wax they need. They’ll thank you and you’ll have a lot more fun.
- Precondition now! If you haven’t been working out, it’s not too late to start. Otherwise you run the risk of being in a lot of pain your first day out (and maybe a day or two after, too)
- Check out your wardrobe: Go through last year’s stuff. Does it still fit? Do you need anything new? Better take care of that now, before you find out you’re missing something when you want to go ski.
- Get your season pass: There are still some good deals to be had. Check out your local hill.
- Get a helmet: If you don’t have one, make it a priority. Helmet hair is a small price to pay for a potentially serious injury.
- Register at TheSkiDiva.com, the internet discussion forum for women who ski, for some great talk about all things ski-related.