• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

ZipRider, anyone?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Bromley Mountain (VT), which has an adventure park during the off season, has just reported that it's broken ground for a new attraction: a ZipRider

Here's what they say:

Slated to open in early July, the half mile-long Sun Mountain Flyer will be one of only three ZipRiders on the East Coast, one of just seven in the lower forty-eight, and one of only ten in the world. Its riders will soar as high as a five-story building and approach speeds of 50 m.p.h.

Here's a pic of a ZipRider at Heavenly:

heavenly.jpg

WHOA!!!!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Wildcat has one. Total hoot. Not sure if I'd spend the $ to do it again, but I'm glad we did it the first season it was in operation (07).
Couple of pics (I shot videos of both rides down as well):
ry%3D400

DH getting ready to go:
ry%3D400

At the bottom, it's about 50' in the air (:eek:)
ry%3D400

As a thrill ride super-junkie, this didn't overly impress me, but it was a beautiful ride on a fall day.

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We've got 3 of them here in Park City, 1 at Park City Mountain Resort and 2 at the Utah Olympic Park. One of the UOP rides is the world's steepest. It follows the K120 ski jump (that's the big ski jump), so you get the feeling of what it's like to do that jump. I haven't done any of them yet. But, since I'm working at PCMR this summer and get free rides, I'll try out that one.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We've got 3 of them here in Park City, 1 at Park City Mountain Resort and 2 at the Utah Olympic Park. One of the UOP rides is the world's steepest. It follows the K120 ski jump (that's the big ski jump), so you get the feeling of what it's like to do that jump. ....

Oh, that sounds awesome! I'd love that. WOuldn't it be fun to have one one skis, too, sorta like BASE jumping but you're hooked in. You could actually jump the jump, but in a controlled manner. I'm no engineer, so maybe it's impossible, but sounds like fun to me.

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
I have wanted to try one of these foreverrrrrrrrr. When I started my job at UBS in 2003 we did one of those bizarre team-building events at this outdoor obstacle course place that had a zipline, but we didn't get to use it. I asked the guy and everything. It pretty much went like this:

Me: "I noticed you guys have a zipline."
Guy: "Yep."
Me: "You think I could try it?"
Guy: "No."
Me: "I've always wanted to use one."
Guy: "..."
Me: "Please?"
Guy: "No."

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Looks like Berkshire East (MA) is getting one underway - and NOT the type with the canvas seats, either -- the REAL DEAL, zip line:
https://www.berkshireeast.com/zipline.htm

I am currently uploading and will soon post a POV of the Wildcat ZipRider.

I'm about to order my Berkshire East 09/10 passes and will supposedly get discount coupons for the new zip that's being installed. Looking forward to it!

Delawhere

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Our local bump, Spring Mountain, has a canopy zip line tour that is a blast! The course involves both zip lines and bridges. I think the bridges are the hardest part. I've gone a couple of times and plan on taking my staff next fall for our annual "Big Excitement".

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga