• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Wow -- A-Basin Opens Tomorrow!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
It's true! Just got a press release from A-Basin itself.

Here's what it says:

Arapahoe Basin, Colorado – October 9, 2007 – Arapahoe Basin ski area officials announce that its opening day for the 2007-2008 ski season will be tomorrow, Wednesday, October 10, 2007. This marks Arapahoe Basin’s earliest opening in its 61 years of operation. Last year the ski area was the first to open in the nation and this year A-Basin continues that trend.

The Exhibition chair will open to the public at 9:00 a.m. Wednesday. Skiers and riders can look forward to an 18-inch base on the intermediate High Noon run and some features in the High Divide terrain park. The will be no beginner skiing at this time.

Anyone going to be there??

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
That is so awesome. Now excuse me while I look for bargain fares to denver between now and thanksgiving.

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
They just announced it on the 4:00 news. It's in the 70's here in Denver and no I'm not going to be there. My skis and boots are at Outdoor Divas being worked on!

Kathi

Yes, I plan to take that class too, but on weekdays. I specifically bought a Stratton/Okemo mid-week pass in order to take freestyle classes and lessons at Okemo and to ski with other Divas! Given the drive from NYC, you probably are up there on weekends, but if you ever drive up on a weekday (usually a Tuesday for me), PM me and it would be fun to take the class together! [we need a freestyle skiing smilie!]:D

Jilly

Staff member
Wow, A-Basin and there is 50cm of snow on the top of Whistler. Interior BC is getting it too. Maybe this will be the year.

There are some great pics on skinet.com of the 20" that dropped on Whistler.... My ski conditioning class starts next week! The trick will be staying in shape after it ends in mid-November until the skiing really starts here in the Northeast!

You're right. My bad. :doh:

The past few seasons have me a bit nervous, though the early skiing in 2005 was pretty good. Then it POURED on Christmas! Let's stick with the Farmer's Almanac prediction for the Northeast this year!

A-Basin has 1 run open with a LOT of man-made snow, but it IS opening today!

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I wonder if they will be able to sustain that?

At any rate, I saw some videos posted youtube. Look like it was fun.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Yikes! That's an awfully crowded White Ribbon of Death! I guess there's a lot pent-up demand.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A co-worker of mine burst into my office this morning, exclaiming:

Have you heard the big news??​
She's single but talks a lot about her boyfriend, and I waited for her to tell me she had gotten engaged.....

A-basin is open!!​

:ski2:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna