• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Worst Day "Skiing" EVER! :(

MissySki

Angel Diva
So it is official.. I can ski again! :yahoo:

The heel lifts appear to have done the trick, although I will say that I didn't actually ski on my own skis because the conditions were kind of sketchy in some places on Friday at Loon. So if I go to ski next time and have issues then it'll be the skis in question and not my boots. I now also got to appreciate the more upward stance of the Fischers along with my heel lifts and saw drastic improvement in leg fatigue over last year, I was barely sore at all this weekend which for me is a big change!

I started out by demoing my own skis I ride now since I am comfortable on them, was really timid at first because I was scared, but once I got some confidence back and was sure I could turn at will, things went great and I had a blast. Demoed a bunch of skis and now my problem is that I want two more pairs! lol That'll be for another thread when I review what I rode on though! :smile:

Another observation that DH made was that the Fischers seem to have pretty significantly fixed my A-frame that I usually have (I never noticed it before when I was doing it except with pictures so he is the one who had to tell me I wasn't doing it now.) He thought I was skiing with my legs a bit far apart now, but I felt really comfortable and don't know if it just appears that way because I am not A-framing now? Might be something to address in a lesson at some point. I feel shoulder width apart though, which I think is where I want to be? Could've been all the different skis too, I'm not sure.

Regardless I had a blast and I am so so happy that I could ski again. I finally got my skiing fix that didn't happen on Day 1 because of the whole boot debacle. I'd say I still have some breaking in to do with the boots obviously, I had a couple of mildly sore spots on my feet after skiing, and I'm still figuring out exactly how tight or loose I like my upper buckles and powerstrap, but overall I was warm, in control and comfortable so I'm thrilled for now! :thumbsup:

Thanks so much for the support, it's greatly appreciated!

canski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yipee! Amazing what a little heel lift can do - and sounds like the boots may have corrected a stance issue. My husband switched boots 2 years ago, and VOILA! he instantly could finally do things stance wise that he had not been able to do in the old boots. Congrats, and hope we get some snow soon!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga