• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Women's Surfing Camp/Lessons

Amie H

Angel Diva
@WaterGirl THANK YOU for such a detailed report!

My 1st wetsuit (bought for windsurfing in Chicago ) was an O'Neil Youth sized suit. I passed it along to my sister years ago. I also like the idea of a back zip w the long zipper pull.

I look forward to seeing what's out there that will fit me & my DD chest.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
- just a few more thoughts, I didn't list the other brands Billabong, Rip curl, Buell etc b/c their entry level $200 suits are similar to Roxy being made with far inferior neoprene as compared to Xcel and O'Neill or they do not offer extended sizes........

a wetsuit company to watch is Manera. They are based in France, and make a 3D cut wetsuit which is amazing, and the mobility is outstanding...... if the other companies caught on to this it would revolutionize the industry. I have reviewed this suit and called it sexy. The anatomical fit is amazing. Right now they have very limited sizing (only 5), and I'm between two sizes and have a 'aspirational' 3/2 that should stretch out to perfect ..... a lot like getting a plug/ performance fit boot, eventually it will pack out...lol

Trailside Trixie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I lived in Southern California for 15 years. I used to surf all up and down the coast from Dana point up to Seal Beach.

Surf schools where I've taken lessons are

Huntington Beach area

Seal Beach

Amie H

Angel Diva
@Trailside that 1st surf school you shared was the one I was going to use last year, but I couldn't find any lodging nearby to fit my budget, and if I recall rental cars were high, too. :frown:

But, yes, the lessons are very reasonably priced.

Pretty neat that Seal Beach has lessons through their municipality.

Trailside Trixie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you drive a bit farther out there is lodging in HB.

I know the owner of the Seal Beach one. He's a great guy. Motels inland too. You could also stay in sunset.

Amie H

Angel Diva
I might have found a great option: go visit my parents, and rent a few 9' foamboards for a few days and my sisters and I can practice, and see how we do. The surf shop near their beach house offers $30/day rentals!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna