• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Women's Night 10/18/18 at Inside Ski in Leesburg, VA

marzNC

Angel Diva
To: Women who live in driving distance of Leesburg, VA

Read on if you are willing to drive to Leesburg, VA and are curious about Inside Ski at Pro-Fit, the ski training center with a ski deck (rolling carpet). They are holding a special evening clinic for women only on Oct. 18, 6-9pm. For $49 I would go if I lived closer. Note that Brian Deely is known as one of the best boot fitters in the region.

My impression is that once the word gets out, the session will fill up. At least 4 spots are taken already.

*** WOMEN’S NIGHT 10/18/18 at Inside Ski at Pro-Fit, Leesburg, VA

On Thursday, October 18 from 6-9:30 p.m., the training center is offering a Women’s Night where you can experience the ski deck, check out some of the latest equipment/apparel for the upcoming season and generally socialize with your winter friends. If you are interested in boots, ski shop staff will be available to help you with boot fitting and offer information on the best skis and boots for your ability level.

The cost of this event is $49 which includes time and instruction on the ski simulator, skis and boots for your use (you may use your own boots if you choose), yummy refreshments and special discounts offered on equipment, clothing and accessories for those attending.

This event is limited to 12 spaces. To RSVP please email Nancy Deely at [email protected].

Ski Sine Fine

Angel Diva
I got a permission error to Alison’s post?

I too have done Inside Ski at Leesburg. Definitely a workout and more technical. It is a good way to stay in skiing shape year round.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think it is in a "meet on the hill" thread. That just means you need more posts to access it.

marzNC

Angel Diva

I too have done Inside Ski at Leesburg. Definitely a workout and more technical. It is a good way to stay in skiing shape year round.
Ah, that thread is in a Divas Only section. You need a few more posts and then you'll be able to access Meet On The Hill and all the other sections.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I would like to attend. Thank you for posting the details. Alas, I’m going to have to wait and see how work is and hope one last spot remains free for me. :hail:

marzNC

Angel Diva
I would like to attend. Thank you for posting the details. Alas, I’m going to have to wait and see how work is and hope one last spot remains free for me. :hail:
Might be worth contacting Nancy to let her know of your interest. She might let you get on the list, and then cancel if necessary. I'm sure she would happy to have enough interest so that a waiting list is necessary. Plus if that's the case, they might schedule another Women's Night in the future.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Cool, thanks for the tip! I will do that indeed. Now to get from Baltimore to Leesburg in rush hour traffic... :rotf:

marzNC

Angel Diva
Cool, thanks for the tip! I will do that indeed. Now to get from Baltimore to Leesburg in rush hour traffic... :rotf:
You might consider driving out I-70 to Fredericksburg and then down US15 to Leesburg.

My brother moved to the DC area a long time ago. I've been living in either NYC or NC. I've driven around DC and Baltimore for decades. These days I avoid the area completely by going up I-81 into PA or taking RT207 to US301 all the way into DE. Slightly longer mileage but far less stressful for a 700-800 mile trek between NC and the northeast. Time usually ends up exactly the same because there is always slow traffic in the DC/Baltimore area. I don't drive between midnight and 5am. :wink:

HikenSki

Angel Diva
Wow, thanks for sharing. Sent email last night but no word yet of availability. Hope to get in. It's just 20mins down the road from me. Did my boot fitting there three years ago - great store and people. Seen them running the machine but haven't given it a go yet. Heard it's quite the workout!

marzNC

Angel Diva

You should be able to read Alison's post now, if not today certainly by tomorrow. Sometimes takes a day for the software to update your access status.

Have heard from Nancy that there are a few spots left as of Oct. 9.

HikenSki

Angel Diva
You should be able to read Alison's post now, if not today certainly by tomorrow. Sometimes takes a day for the software to update your access status.

Have heard from Nancy that there are a few spots left as of Oct. 9.

My spot was confirmed on Sunday. Looking forward to it! What's funny is my bday was last week and my husband was going to surprise me with a day on the simulator. Then he found out that I signed up and well, that balloon kind of deflated. LOL.

marzNC

Angel Diva
My spot was confirmed on Sunday. Looking forward to it! What's funny is my bday was last week and my husband was going to surprise me with a day on the simulator. Then he found out that I signed up and well, that balloon kind of deflated. LOL.
Is he going to along? With the discounts being offered, I would think you could find a nice birthday present. :wink:

Hoping someone will take a few pictures.

HikenSki

Angel Diva
Is he going to along? With the discounts being offered, I would think you could find a nice birthday present. :wink:

Hoping someone will take a few pictures.

Hahaha. Unfortunately, no. He has concert band practice that night. So, I will report on it and then we will probably schedule a few before we try and hit the slopes in December (fingers crossed).

HikenSki

Angel Diva
So glad I saw this feed! Went last night and had a great time trying out the simulator. Definitely going to get a package for multiple trips before ski season starts up for us before the holidays. Should be no issue to convince the hubby to go as well. It was funny going back to the wedge but really neat to just focus on your feet without thinking about the snow ahead, how steep the hill is, people flying by, etc. I did fall and we had a good laugh. 10 mins on this thing tho and your legs are jelly! LOL

I think this place would be great for those interested in learning how to ski to get down the motions in a controlled environment, something I wish my sister-in-law had a few years ago before she gave up. :-(

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
So glad you got to go! To the surprise of no one, I had to cancel due to a work emergency. Sorry I missed the chance to meet up, sounds like it was an awesome time!

marzNC

Angel Diva
So glad I saw this feed! Went last night and had a great time trying out the simulator. Definitely going to get a package for multiple trips before ski season starts up for us before the holidays. Should be no issue to convince the hubby to go as well. It was funny going back to the wedge but really neat to just focus on your feet without thinking about the snow ahead, how steep the hill is, people flying by, etc. I did fall and we had a good laugh. 10 mins on this thing tho and your legs are jelly! LOL

I think this place would be great for those interested in learning how to ski to get down the motions in a controlled environment, something I wish my sister-in-law had a few years ago before she gave up. :-(
Do you think women would be interested in a similar evening during late season sales? Say in early March when the Mid-A season is either over or winding down but some people still have a late season trip planned out west in late March or even April?

I've bought my last two pair of boots during late season sales in the southeast. First skiing with them was during spring break trips to Alta.

HikenSki

Angel Diva
Do you think women would be interested in a similar evening during late season sales? Say in early March when the Mid-A season is either over or winding down but some people still have a late season trip planned out west in late March or even April?

I've bought my last two pair of boots during late season sales in the southeast. First skiing with them was during spring break trips to Alta.

Hmm, tough call. I think it could be a good way to keep folks engaged and to explore new gear. I did enjoy the clinic to learn about gear and to be introduced to the simulator. Couple that with sales, it could be a good way to outfit folks who are into skiing but don't yet have their own gear. They can walk away equiped with what to look for and what to expect when getting properly fit for boots and clothing. Could also lure in folks for training on the simulator during the off season.

We bought our boots from ProFit Ski years ago and really had no idea how much boots made for your feet would affect skiing ability. We fought for years with ill-fitting boots. Had we known they made women's boots long and wide enough for me and wide enough for my husband, that they weren't as expensive as we thought they would be, esp after late season sales, we'd have bought much sooner. Our experience convinced my brother to get his own boots. He skis a lot less than we do, but his size 14 feet made ski boots rentals an adventure in discomfort.

HikenSki

Angel Diva
Sorry, double post error.

marzNC

Angel Diva
We bought our boots from ProFit Ski years ago and really had no idea how much boots made for your feet would affect skiing ability. We fought for years with ill-fitting boots. Had we known they made women's boots long and wide enough for me and wide enough for my husband, that they weren't as expensive as we thought they would be, esp after late season sales, we'd have bought much sooner. Our experience convinced my brother to get his own boots. He skis a lot less than we do, but his size 14 feet made ski boots rentals an adventure in discomfort.
I have a friend who wears size 13 shoes. Definitely not easy to find rental boots and/or bindings on rental skis for that size feet.

Hmm, tough call. I think it could be a good way to keep folks engaged and to explore new gear. I did enjoy the clinic to learn about gear and to be introduced to the simulator. Couple that with sales, it could be a good way to outfit folks who are into skiing but don't yet have their own gear. They can walk away equiped with what to look for and what to expect when getting properly fit for boots and clothing. Could also lure in folks for training on the simulator during the off season.
Encouraging people to consider off-season training was a thought I had too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna