• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Win a lift ticket to Whiteface

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
As you can imagine, I get tons of press releases about all sorts of stuff from ski areas. Most of them I ignore, but this promotion is so creative I thought I'd post it here:

It may be August, but never too soon to begin thinking about winter and skiing the Olympic mountain, Whiteface in Wilmington, N.Y. Saturday, Aug. 7, it’s your chance to win free lift tickets for the upcoming ski season. Whiteface Mountain is sending out their Road Warriors to find winter enthusiasts and hook them up with lift tickets and other cool stuff.

What do you need to do to win? It’s easy. The Whiteface Road Warriors will be at the Million Dollar Beach, Campgrounds, Main Street, and other mystery locations in Lake George, N.Y. this Saturday, looking for you to show up wearing your winter ski gear, including a helmet, goggles, skis or ski boots. If you’re spotted dressed for winter… you’ll automatically win a lift ticket to ski Whiteface this 2010-’11 ski season.

Be sure to keep an eye out for the Whiteface Road Warriors the remainder of this summer. Next weekend, Aug. 13-15, the Road Warriors will be in Albany, N.Y., at the Farmer’s Market at the Empire State Plaza, Washington Park, Red Square (co-hosting the Giant Panda Guerilla Dub Squad) and the next weekend, Aug. 20-22, you’ll find them in Saratoga, N.Y. This fall, trips are also planned to New York City and across the border into Canada to promote the great skiing and riding at Whiteface.

It's only supposed to be in the 70's this weekend in Lake George, which is still pretty warm for wearing ski stuff. But can you imagine doing this on a 90-plus day? :eek:

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks for a heads up and it's in my area, too. However, personal humiliation and a heat stroke has a price point for me and a lift ticket doesn't even come close to that. Now, if they were talking about a weekend at the Whiteface Lodge, I'd be looking for my boot bag.

What would you do for a free lift ticket?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga