• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Where to stay for Loveland/A-Basin trip?

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
We're hoping to do a long weekend in CO skiing Loveland and A-Basin over MLK weekend (in case anyone here doubted that we were last minute trip planners ;) ). Where should we stay? Is Dillon the closest town to those 2 mountains? If anyone has any hotels they can recommend that are convenient to both mountains, that'd be fantastic.

Also, are crowds going to be a problem that weekend? Being northeast/Killington skiers, are standards for when a resort is crowded are pretty high -- we've been at Breck, Solitude and Snowbird over MLK/President's Day weekends and thought all 3 were EMPTY, but I'm thinking since these 2 mountains are closer to Denver they might be more crowded? Not really concerned, but just wondering.

Thanks!

bklyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Dillon is close, next Silverthorne, then Frisco (for the major lodging spots).
Check vrbo.com (vacation rentals by owner) you might find a studio or 1BR condo in those areas.

Gina23

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I would stay over the divide in Frisco, personally. Silverthorne is a mad house/tourist trap. Frisco is just a few miles away and seems to be less crowded IMO.

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
pretty good deals for 1 night lodging plus 2 lift tickets

https://www.lovelandreservations.com/skiandstay.htm

If you stay in Frisco you still have to drive through Dillon to get to A-Basin.

Another option is Georgetown.

Silverthorne/Dillon is at the base of the pass, just down from Eisenhower tunnel. Loveland ski area is on the other side of the tunnel so Silverthorne/Dillion is most accessible from the west side of the pass.

Georgetown is east of the tunnel and east of Loveland and the turn off to A-basin.

Both Loveland and A-Basin are easy access from I-70 so staying in any of the areas mentioned will work.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Actually, Keystone is the closest to ABasin, over the pass. But you might not want to pay Keystone prices if you aren't skiing Keystone.

If you didn't think Breck was crowded over MLK, then Loveland and ABasin will be just fine!

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks everyone -- we'll poke around over the next few days and let you know where we end up. :smile:

I would stay in Georgetown. Cheaper and not too many people know about it. It's a cute little old mining town with GREAT little bed and breakfasts everywhere!

Skimom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I vote with Native Vail Gal...Georgetown would be my preference. Try for a bed and breakfast there, a vrbo! I would avoid the Dillon, Silverthorne area if you are not skiing at Copper/Keystone/Breckenridge. If you go to A-Basin, hopefully the new bowls will be open! Have fun!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga