• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What's Your Workout Routine Like?

What's Your Exercise Routine Like?

• I'm an OCD Gym/Fitness Rat and follow a very specific plan that I stick to no matter what.

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • I like to mix it up. Sometimes I hit the gym, sometimes, I'll take a walk. Depends on my mood.

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Always some type of activity, like bike riding or taking a walk (or skiing of course).

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I might do a few exercises or activities here or there, but nothing scheduled or planned.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Routine? Exercise? What's that?

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

dburdenbates

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you have a routine, post and share what you do and how often. I'll post after a few others have checked in.

Lilgeorg

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't go to the gym so I couldn't find a answer that fits me. I have a workout space in my basement. I workout every day before breakfast. I vary my workouts to include step, bosu, pilates, weights, and yoga. I also get in aerobics. My biggest challenge using DVDs is getting bored and needing new material.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure what to pick on the poll, either.

During ski season I ski 3 days a week (hope to do more this year), so I only go to the gym twice a week. But during the rest of the year, I usually get to t he gym 5 days a week: half an hour of weight training, half an hour cardio (the elliptical machine). In any case, exercise is very important to me, so I try to do something almost every day.

snowflake

Certified Ski Diva
Well D since you asked...

I know it's geeky, but I love the gym. It makes we feel soooo good, and accomplished. Don't get me wrong I also like being outside doing stuff, but something about the gym to me is just great!

I work out 5-6 days a week, here's the rundown...

Mon...Lower body 1 hr + 1 hr body sculpting class
Tues...1 hour cardio
Wed...Chest and Tri +1 hour cardio
Thurs....1 hour cardio
Fri...Back, Bi, shoulders + 1 hour cardio
Sat...off
Sun...either off or 1 hour cardio

This has been the routine for about 2 months now. It's worked out pretty well, and I enjoy it. Especially when I can't get outside as much as I'd like to anymore. This of course will slow down as ski season comes into play, but even then I'll be hitting the gym probably 3-4 times per week.

Marigee

Angel Diva
2-3 days/week I do a weightlifting/cardio class at the gym. I also walk 4-5 miles (sometime bike instead) almost every day.

Jilly

Staff member
I do the "Curves" work out, at least 2, but try for 3 days a week. Inbetween we have a stationary bike in the basement and on good days inline skate a few miles. Keeps all those ski muscles active.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
OCD??? Ok, I'll go with that ... taken figuratively, however.

Usually, for the last 9 years or so, I have run, run, run. Usually one+ hours per day, five days/week. Since 3 years ago I took up skiing, and moved to a place where I can't go outside and run once the snow falls because of the snowbanks on the streets, so it's been gym, gym, gym in the winter, skiing on the weekends, and running in the summer.

In the gym I do a half hour cardio on the elliptical, and 45 minutes of weight training, progressing from arms/shoulders day one, back day two, chest day three, legs day four, and doing abs/lower back every day.

This summer I broke a little toe and switched to biking, and boy that's fun. So now instead of running in the summer, I bike/bike/bike. I alternate 1 hour rides with 2 hour rides, about 5 days a week, and seek out hills to add to the challenge, or gnarly trails.

Oh yeah, and this summer I hiked up a mountain in NH every alternate weekend. Looks like that's over now. Great exercise, and wonderful experiences with good people!!!

There is something indescribably wonderful about being outside, or inside, and working the body to exhaustion.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm classified under, I usta do it!

I had a gym membership for three years and went faithfully 4 days a week, Cardio weights, occasional classes. I like pilates for the flexibility it lends. We all need that as we get older.;)

When my winter season caught up with me last year, I let my membership drop because I didn't get to it much at all.

The work out that really excites me is Spin!:D

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Snowhot,
I'm thinking of doing the Spin thing in the gym this winter. But oh it does require getting there at specific times, and that is so diffricult. Life gets in the way of any routine for me.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
liquidfeet said:
Snowhot,
I'm thinking of doing the Spin thing in the gym this winter. But oh it does require getting there at specific times, and that is so diffricult. Life gets in the way of any routine for me.
If you do spin, make sure you hydrate before hand, and take water with you. It is necessary! Also, don't be afraid to take a bike in the front for your first few classes and let the instructor know you're a beginner.
Also, its a personal work out. If they class is doing a10 minute standing hill climb and its too much for you, take some resistance off the bike and sit for a bit. I had to do that when I first started. After a couple classes you'll be right with the rest of them.

Thatsagirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Generally speaking, we go to the gym 2-3 times a week, plus do outdoor activities. There are weeks where the weather is so nice, we skip the gym and get outdoors instead.

Unfortunately, the past month and a half have been very crazy for us and we haven't gone to the gym at all! :eek: Right before ski season, too! :eek: We also didn't do much for outdoor activity. So, last night was our first time back to the gym since the beginning of October and it HURT! We both feel old. But, at the same time, we don't hurt as much as we thought we would, which means we were in good shape before the brief hiatus. A few days back at the gym and we'll be just fine. ;)

Thatsagirl

sleddog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Today it's shoveling a foot of heavy wet snow - the blower belt broke halfway through getting the driveway cleared.:mad:

Other days I alternate between an hour on the elliptical at a high "fat burn" rate or 35 minutes at interval cardio training and 20 minutes of weight training.

I also in-line skate with my dog for about 4 miles every day if the roads are dry.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga