• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What's Your Best Ski Tip!

shnu

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My favorite tip for first time skiers is: "Don't let your husband/boyfriend/etc teach you how to ski. :nono: Save your relationship and go take a Beginner Lesson." :laugh:

well, my bf didn't teach me from the beginng (as i dind't knew him as a child) but he helped me to improve a lot, actually he is an instructor. it was also him who tought me how to snowboard within a day.

"upper part of the body should face downwards", "bend the knees", "put your poles infront of your body not on the site of it"

C

CMCM

I'm not an instructor, either, but one tip I would share with beginners or other level skiers is to be comfortable, make sure you're dressed properly, especially make sure your hands and feet are warm. Then you can enjoy skiing, learn, and have fun. I don't know how many times I've been out skiing with people who are just miserable because their hands are cold; it's a shame, it ruins their whole day (and sometimes ruins the time for others).

Boy do I ever agree with this one! I didn't like skiing for a LOT of years because I always associated it with being cold....cold feet, cold hands, etc. Once I got all the right clothing, I realized you don't ever have to be cold or uncomfortable and just removing that obstacle opened the door to real skiing enjoyment and improvement for me! :D

C

CMCM

One major tip that helped me last season was learning to get way down.....I now realize I had previously been too upright. When lower, I had more stability and control. Sometimes I would think I was quite low, but DH would tell me I still needed to be lower. I guess what you feel you are doing and how you actually look are a bit different. Of course, to be get low and be comfortable with it, you need strength in your legs, in your quads. Working on that during the off season is a good thing! There's a yoga position (a kind of crouching chair type position) that is great for building this kind of leg strength!

T

tbnext

A few some already mentioned:

Hands up if your good-you should always be able to see them.

Dollar bill in your butt cheeks-Doesnt work that well for me but does for other buddies.

Sitting on a bar stool-imagine the hip movement to do it-Its just like skiing and if you practice its the movement you want.

Ski like a guy-ie just use your strength to push through the stupid deep powder and crud to ski at 80MPH AND JUST PULL UP AT THE END. Sadly I get the concept but remain deflated by this one. I would love one of you guru's to tell me that this isn't true. Unfortunately my way less ability but way stronger brother kills me in this.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna