• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What's Out There for Women's Clinics?

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Funny that you should mention that. The hill where I have my season pass was involved with the Wine Women and Wax promotion at Brick Wheels and is continuing it with a weekend of Women, Skiing and Chocolate
This from their web site of the promotions they are implementing to get women out on the slopes:
For The Girls...
Whether you're looking for a weekend getaway with the girls, a chance to learn a new sport or a little of both, Crystal Mountain has a winter full of packages and events tailored just for women.

Girls Ski Getaway Package
Spend a weekend with just the girls on this special package that includes two nights in hotel accommodations, three-day ski pass & cross-country trail pass, one breakfast, one dinner, a one-hour (private or semi-private) ski or snowboard lesson, one 50-minute private massage per adult, plus a bottle of wine to share. The Girls Ski Getaway starts from $389 per person, per stay on weekends. Midweek packages also available.

Women's Winter Escape, January 19-21
Crystal's outstanding certified female instructors provide a supportive atmosphere for women who are hitting the slopes for the first time, looking to build upon their skills, or just in search of a fun weekend away with the girls. This weekend program is $275 per person and includes two days of downhill ski instruction, lunches, dinner, equipment sessions, video analysis, race clinic & NASTAR race and a 15% discount on lodging. View program itinerary.

NEW! Women's Winter Tour Weekend, February 2-4
The Women's Winter Tour is relocating to Crystal Mountain this year. In its ninth year, the nationwide event celebrates women, winter, and chocolate while raising money for domestic abuse charities. Traditionally a one-day event, Crystal has planned an entire weekend of activities including downhill and cross-country skiing, ski clinics, equipment demos, ski waxing clinics, a health expo, and the LunaFest Film Festival. The Women's Winter Tour package, from $199, includes two nights' lodging, cross-country trail pass, Friday night reception, admission to LunaFest Film Festival (Saturday night) and a 50th Anniversary commemorative poster. The main event takes place on Sunday as the ladies hit Crystal's cross-country and snowshoe trails starting at 9am.

Register online for Sunday's Women's Winter Tour at womenswintertour.com and earn a chance to win Tubbs snowshoes.

Women's Learn-to-Ski and Girls Learn-to-Ride Clinics
January 6, February 3 & 25, March 4
These downhill or cross-country skiing and snowboarding clinics, tailored to women, include a two-hour beginner lesson, lift ticket or trail pass, and rental equipment. The two-hour downhill skiing and snowboarding group lessons are priced at $70 while the two-hour cross-country skiing group lessons cost $40.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Kim Reichhelm, two time world extreme skiing champion, has some great 4-day women's clinics, too, coming up at Vail, Alta, and Crested Butte. They're called "Women's Ski Adventures," and they look fabulous.

Go here to find out more.

Lilgeorg

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am probably the biggest WAA WAA fan around along with my daughter ,Lola. We are signed up for our 6th year and will attend Feb2-4. Everything in the ad is very true. Two Divas , Cnewbound and Tcarey are instructors in the program. They are both great instuctors and very supportive.

What the ad does not tell you is the sister hood that developes between participants and instructors. Okemo also provides extra benefits like free ski check, premerier parking, and a parting gift.

I think you would find this program is high value for the $$.

slipnslide

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For some reason, I thought Kim Reichelm was going to teach at ESA this year, then I looked up the list of instructors at ESA and did not see her name. Was I mistaken? I would hesitate to request a partiular instructor anyway. All of the ESA folks seem highly qualified and I am afraid that if I made a request I might have missed out on a more natural choice for my skill set. But, I was just wondering.

Elangirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have to chime in on this one. Big Mountain (Whitefish, Montana) is having Women's Workshops and Men's Workshops on two weekends this year. January 13-15 and March 16-18.

The cost is $395

We have stretching with a Physical therapist, equipment analysis especially with Blake Pederson, a great bootfitter, lunches on the mountain restaurants, video analysis of skiing and lots of apres-ski plans including an awards party at the end.

We use our experienced women instructors--including me to teach this workshop which is yahoo land out here in Montana!!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a good deal: at Mount Sunapee in New Hampshire, you can get a one day pass, a two hour women's clinic (only on Tuesday or Saturday), and a buffet lunch for $42.

They also have one-day workshops, which include 4 hours of instruction from 10-12am and 1-3pm with the same instructor, all mountain lift ticket and lunch. The dates are January 6 or 7, February 10 or 11, or March 3 or 4.

Lola

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Lilgeorg said:
I am probably the biggest WAA WAA fan around along with my daughter ,Lola. We are signed up for our 6th year and will attend Feb2-4. Everything in the ad is very true. Two Divas , Cnewbound and Tcarey are instructors in the program. They are both great instuctors and very supportive.
I can't say enough good things about the Women's Alpine Adventure (also known as the WAA WAA Sisterhood) at Okemo. I have learned so much, gained a tremendous amount of confidence, learned lots of new skills and techniques, AND I have lost my fear and panic when I am faced with trails that makes me nervous.

In fact, I now know, without a doubt, that I can ski down any trail on any mountain in any condition . . . it may not be pretty, but I will ski down the trail safely. I have learned the difference between skiing in control and skiing in balance (that is . . if I try to ski in control I am not necessarily in balance . . . but if I ski in balance, I am always in control). I can now carve a turn, lifting my skis on edge. I now have skills that I can use in the bumps, the glades, and the half pipe so I feel confident on those trails. I have also learned how to ski very steep trails and I have skied many double black diamonds since I have attended WAA WAA.

Finally, I have met some absolutely fantastic skiers and instructors who have become my firends . . . TCarey and CNewbound (from this site) and the Director of the program - Maria Tomiselli - and let's not forget Sharon, Trouble, Big Jen, Diane, . . the list is just endless. These fabulous ladies have taught me how to be a better skier, and a better person. . . What more can I possibly say? :D

Oh yes! I know! I can't wait for the first weekend in February when I will ski with the WAA WAA Sisterhood once again!!! Yipee!! :D

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ski Diva said:
Here's a good deal: at Mount Sunapee in New Hampshire, you can get a one day pass, a two hour women's clinic (only on Tuesday or Saturday), and a buffet lunch for $42.
March 3 or 4.

Has anyone done this?

I'm hoping to check it out next time I go to Boston (some time in March). So far I haven't had any group lessons, only short (one or two hour) private lessons with male instructors, and once with a female instructor. I've been thinking to check out women's clinics, but I didn't want to jump in and commit to spending a lot of money and time in a setting that I'm not sure about. This sounds like a great way for me to check out the female only, group setting without all that.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
slipnslide said:
For some reason, I thought Kim Reichelm was going to teach at ESA this year, then I looked up the list of instructors at ESA and did not see her name. Was I mistaken? I would hesitate to request a partiular instructor anyway. All of the ESA folks seem highly qualified and I am afraid that if I made a request I might have missed out on a more natural choice for my skill set. But, I was just wondering.
I am sorry I missed this post earlier.
When you send in your questionaire for ESA they will ask if you want a specific instructor. They try to accomodate as much as possible, but can't always do so.
If you are in a group/with an instructor, that doesn't work well for you, there is no problem switching to another group. Comprex jumped from Weem's group to Jeb Boyds at ESA Stowe with no problems.

As for Kim Reichelman, I had not heard that she was instructing for ESA, though I could be mistaken. I do know that they have a great list of instructors, including Deb Armstrong, olympic gold medalist.

My minor experience with ESA was great, and I don't feel you could ask for a better group of coaches to draw from!

lv2ski

Certified Ski Diva
At Sunapee if you also want the clinic it is $67 ($25 for clinic) $42 with lift ticket and lunch only.

lv2ski

Certified Ski Diva
I am going to plan on doing the 2 day mid-week clinic at Okemo next year, I think it would be really fun! Get my own nice room in the Hotel, bask in the pool/hottub after skiing, sounds like a great time!!!
I will leave the darling husband at home for this one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga