• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What to watch? (need streaming series suggestions)

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am hoping the current season doesn't suffer from "Sam and Diane syndrome"--ie now that she and Danny are married (right?) with a baby, that it's not as funny.

Without spoiling too much - things didn't progress as you would have thought. And I think it's still funny, but it also brings in some pretty powerful gender/relationship dynamics and questions.

va_deb

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We gave up cable and went to streaming as well via Roku. When it's both of us we tend to like procedural-esque shows. We often have a hard time finding shows we both like equally well, and recently found a few on Netflix we like a lot.

Battle Creek -- as close to a "dramedy" as you can get. Lol funny, great dialogue, interesting characters (slick big city FBI agent played by Josh Duhamel [sp?] gets transferred to little old Battle Creek where he has to work with an opposite in every way local detective). Love the interplay between the two guys. Very interesting / not your usual cop drama storylines. Kal Penn also in it.

American Odyssey -- we both thought Homeland-esque but better than the last couple seasons of Homeland. Set mostly in Middle East and then North Africa, along with NY. Very strong female lead -- and more compelling than Carrie became in later seasons.

Downside (or upside if you worry about binging too much): Both only lasted for one season. Lots of online hate comments from fans of both when the shows were cancelled with hope that Netflix would pick them up.

Bloodline on Netflix just released its second season. Kind of a dark family drama set in the Florida Keys, but the darkness of the plotlines are nicely balanced by the gorgeous scenery. All the characters are well-casted. Love the actor who was the coach on Friday Night Lights. Think we may even like season 2 better than season 1.

We also both like House of Cards -- first two seasons more than the last two.

Good for you on giving up cable. We did this in February and haven't looked back.

We really enjoyed battle creek , too bad it didn't hang around but it's good to know season 1 is in there.

We also liked backstrom with rain wilson which also got cancelled, not sure if that one is available for streaming.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm currently addicted to Once Upon A Time.

DanniAB

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I recently re-watched *all* of Friends on Netflix. Still as addictive as it was the first time around, but wow times have changed. Were the guys' clothes always that baggy?
I thought the exact same thing! The clothes are horrendous - but in the 90's - it was normal!

I just re-watched Fatal Attraction last night and while I think its a spectacular movie I kept looking at Anne Archer and Glenn Close's hair going wow that's some big hair.

I"d be interested to. But here's the thing, for us. We bundle the whole thing: two land lines, high speed internet, cable. I inquired recently and if we dropped the cable portion (down to basic) it would only save us $20 a month due to the way the bundle is structured. By the time I have netflix and a few other subscription services , it could actually cost me more! Or am I missing something?

I will reply in the new giving up cable thread

Last edited:

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about it. Like yay, it's not forever ending with Mulder dying on a bridge... but Carter said he was going to tie up loose ends in season 10 and instead he broke them up, made more loose ends, and addressed next to nothing of the William stuff sooooo.... lol I'm a little hesitant that he won't just make everything worse. haha

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I did not know til last weekend that there was a season 2 to the new Poldark. Happily anticipating watching some today.

va_deb

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'd love ideas for new potential binge watch shows y'all have discovered. @VickiK, what is Poldark?

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Set in the late 18th century, Poldark is a gentleman who returns to Cornwall after serving in the English army in the War of Independence with America. His father passed away before his return, having left him the house, a farm, an old abandoned copper mine, and little money. His lady love got engaged to his wealthy cousin who lives nearby. While he's matured past his youthful bad boy self, now he has been exposed to American ideas that all men are created equal, which again frequently puts him at odds with polite society.

Gorgeous scenery, and the leading man is very easy on the eyes. Good drama, good acting. If you like Masterpiece Theatre, and enjoy period piece dramas, check it out. :smile:

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The Leftover season 3 just started on HBO. That's weird and good. Same writer as the series Lost.

MI-skier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I know many of you read Outlander and love it. Always wondered what the heck the fuss was about. Well DH and I both watched the series and loved it. Very well done and gorgeous sets.

newboots

Angel Diva
I started watching "Sneaky Pete" (on Amazon Prime). Enjoying. Very well done, and engaging!

Jenny

Angel Diva
Since the other discussion of X Files was in this thread . . . @tinymoose, what do you think of this latest version? I am not impressed. Can't see most of it, apparently they have no budget for lighting, and I have no idea what's going on. Do NOT like the revelation in the first episode. Also not happy with Skinner.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna