• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What ski should I get?

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ah, so the day has come, and have been thinking of getting a new pair of skis. Basically, a good pair of carving skis to help me work on some technique issues.

A thread was started on my behalf here:

https://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=76216

But I thought I would also take it to the lovely Divas to see if you had an suggestions?

Right now I use my Head iM 88s as my carving ski.

lynseyf

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The most fun carving skis I have tried are the Head xrc 1100 and the Nordica Dobermann Spitfire. Both left huge grins on my face and made me feel like I was skiing on rails.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Since you ski out west, I'd guess you'd want a ski that not ony carves, but wouldn't sink in the powder, either. Yesterday I re-demoed the Nordica Conquers, and I'd highly recommend them. They're 124-84-111, they make great, swooping turns, yet can get through the crud and anything you can throw at them. Extremely stable and fun. Great on hard pack, too.

My other recommendation: The Volkl Aurora. What a ski! This one can do it all, and you'll feel like you're riding on rails. They come in at 128-85-112, and are similar to the Conquer. I loved them when I demoed it last year.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The most fun carving skis I have tried are the Head xrc 1100 and the Nordica Dobermann Spitfire. Both left huge grins on my face and made me feel like I was skiing on rails.

I can vouch for the XRC 1100 ... I still check on them at Level Nine Sports, they are pretty cheap there. GREAT ski.

lucine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Last year I searched for a good carving ski to help me turn better on my k2 apache recons.
I demoed the Volkl fuego and then a bunch of others and kept coming back to the fuego. Turny turny turny, very good for my technique as on that ski you must be skiing or you are skied.
I thought it was helping me, (a learning curve of course)and then I used my recons on a spring day.
WOW.
I could turn them as well. My Fuegos really helped me over a 2 year not turning as well as I should be hump.
Can't wait to ski em again, though I will wait for some more snow, no scratches on my new skis yet!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga