• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What I do in the summer: Delaware River Sojourn

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Here’s a nice little video about the river trip I take every summer. I’m on the Steering Cmtee, and this was produced and narrated by one of our members.

I can be seen in the white kayak at 2:02, 4:31, and 7:52 in the video.

If anyone is interested in joining us this year, the Sojourn will be coming up soon: June 17 - 23, and there's still time to register. The website info is below the video. I've been doing this for over 23 yrs, and it's an awesome trip!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Here’s a nice little video about the river trip I take every summer. I’m on the Steering Cmtee, and this was produced and narrated by one of our members.

If anyone is interested in joining us this year, the Sojourn will be coming up soon: June 17 - 23, and there's still time to register. The website info is below the video. I've been doing this for over 23 yrs, and it's an awesome trip!
That looks so fun !

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva

Sounds amazing!

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Looks like a great adventure! Will add it to my "to do" list! thanks for sharing. love to learn about explorations 1-2 hours from major east coast cities
If you want any info, just ask! The 2024 Delaware River Sojourn is taking place on June 14 - 22!

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Gosh, I'd like to do this. I did a 4-day camping/kayaking tour down in Baja California (Espírito Santo) way back in 2009.

@TNtoTaos , I will be asking you about it.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Gosh, I'd like to do this. I did a 4-day camping/kayaking tour down in Baja California (Espírito Santo) way back in 2009.

@TNtoTaos , I will be asking you about it.
Absolutely! Check out the link to the website!

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That looks like so much fun !!!
We took our kayak out for the first time this Summer today, had to battle some strong winds which equaled a strong swell, think my arms are going to feel it tomorrow.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
That looks like so much fun !!!
We took our kayak out for the first time this Summer today, had to battle some strong winds which equaled a strong swell, think my arms are going to feel it tomorrow.
Hard to get used to the idea that it's Summer for some folks, LOL. Enjoy!

• Love
Reactions: AJM

yogiskier

Angel Diva
@TNtoTaos the Sojourn looks incredible!!! I moved to NJ 2 years ago and have yet to take advantage of visiting the Delaware River, but the video showed me that it is a pristine treasure and encourages me to check it out! I can't believe that you've done it for 23 years.

I assume that all of the participants use traditional kayaks? My husband has rotator cuff issues, so he has rented a fishing/pedal kayak whenever/wherever he can find them.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
OMG! If you're in NJ, you definitely have to check out the Sojourn! Most participants use kayaks, both sit-on-top and closed cockpit, but we also have several canoes, and occasionally a SUP (usually for only a day). If your husband wanted to use a pedal kayak, and felt he could use it for a (typical) 7-10 mile day, he'd certainly be welcome to. IDT our livery rents them, however, so he'd probably have to bring his own. Our livery would still transport it along the trip, though. If you want to check with our livery, contact Dan Corrigan at North East Wilderness Experience (NEWE) and ask him (570-352-3444).

Get on the mailing list on the Sojourn website so you are notified of when registration opens (we're getting very close to opening registration), since the Upper Delaware days usually fill up very quickly. Hope to see you on the river!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga