• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

We've got SNOW!!

VTskiDiva

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Absolutely beautiful! Oh how I miss Colorado!!

Thank you for posting the wonderful pictures ladies. It makes me smile! Winter will soon be here.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
^^ love seeing that snow. What elevation is that Pinto?

That photo was taken at about 11500 ft, I'm guessing. Maybe a touch higher. There was snow lower, in the shade of the trees along the trail, but most had melted already. This was about 11 am.

Any Colorado divas ... this is my favorite easy hike, because it starts high (10,500, maybe higher?) and is so easy to get to ... just off 91 on Fremont Pass, maybe 5 mi south of Copper. It's never crowded (well, that I've been), and it gets you into fantastic alpine scenery pretty much immediately. You can also go a half mile south, on the other side of the hill, to Clinton Reservoir, if you want water scenery.

The elevation is high, but it's only a couple of miles to the base of the big mountain. (It's a 4WD road, too, if you have grandparents or someone who can't walk far. When I was walking today, this guy passed me in his SUV and said, "I would have walked too, but my dog got tired." LOL! He had what looked like a Spitz hanging out the window.)

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
^^ love seeing that snow. What elevation is that Pinto?

That photo was taken at about 11500 ft, I'm guessing. Maybe a touch higher. There was snow lower, in the shade of the trees along the trail, but most had melted already. This was about 11 am.

Any Colorado divas ... this is my favorite easy hike, because it starts high (10,500, maybe higher?) and is so easy to get to ... just off 91 on Fremont Pass, maybe 5 mi south of Copper. It's never crowded (well, that I've been), and it gets you into fantastic alpine scenery pretty much immediately. You can also go a half mile south, on the other side of the hill, to Clinton Reservoir, if you want water scenery.

The elevation is high, but it's only a couple of miles to the base of the big mountain. (It's a 4WD road, too, if you have grandparents or someone who can't walk far. When I was walking today, this guy passed me in his SUV and said, "I would have walked too, but my dog got tired." LOL! He had what looked like a Spitz hanging out the window.)

oragejuice

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
MORE! These were taken within the hour!
3965771371_8f703c56fc.jpg

3966547082_d3704321e4.jpg

3965769889_427763b571.jpg

VTskiDiva

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
BEAUTIFUL!!! Thanks for posting! I can live vicariously through your photos until winter gets to me!

:clap:

oragejuice

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
And now, BEND is white. Goodness gracious!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
so beautiful... wish I lived in north america...so spectacular!

Hope it's a great season.
Funny, often times my husband dreams of living in Austrailia.
Perhaps I can trade him for you?
:smile:

You can say that again!!!:dance:

Kano

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Snow on Bogus!

We got snow here in Idaho this weekend -- looks like 10 inches or so on Bogus Basin. They expect it to melt, and hope it will freeze the ground nice and hard so that the next snow will stay. Report says Sun Valley got a bunch too -- 17 inches on top of Baldy. Brundage got a bit too, but no where near as much. Grand TArghee has been dumped on a couple of times already, and they're planning to open day after THanksgiving.

Karen in Boise

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga