• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Walk-Ez

Bravosarah

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Has anybody seen these?

I must say that I'm intrigued, but I've only seen them on the internet and don't know anyone who owns a pair.

It looks like they'd work well and make walking around the village and the parking lot a lot easier.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If they're good, why are they now out of business?:confused:

Honestly, I think they probably gave away too many pairs. They gave all athletes at the Rocky Mountain Region YSL championships a pair I think last year? It's tough because they aren't a product that people need multiples of and the cost involved in giving 200 kids these wasn't cheap I'm sure. But, boy, I really wanted a pair and was mad they didn't give the coaches some!

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've been intrigued by them as well. Didn't realize they went out of business. My boot fitter spoke highly of them, though the shop didn't carry them.

Shellski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've never seen the Walk-Ez, but I have cat-tracks too and they are a great piece of kit.

FLGIRL

Certified Ski Diva
Hi, just found your post.

I bought these off ebay in December before I went to Keystone. They were sold out on the Walk ez website! They are FANTASTIC! They come with a lock too! They make walking in boots like walking in shoes...your boots have rubber traction on the bottoms and they "roll" forward with a curve when you walk. Great for climbing stairs. I could just hop up and down stairs even on ice. When I put my skis on, I would lock the walk ez's to the racks and leave them there all day. They would even fit into my backpack (I kept a large ziploc back for them as they folded up as they would be dirty).

They just clip to your boots and are really easy to put on. My son wants some this year. A few people saw me in them and were quite fascinated as I guess not many people have seen them before.

Well worth the price if you hate walking in boots.

Yvette

Diva in Training
I thought I was a gadget hound! How did you even find such a thing? :smile: This is my first post. Good to finally be able to post!

FLGIRL

Certified Ski Diva
ROFL...I heard from some ski instructors that there was an easier way to clunk around in my boots! I got busy this season looking for those suckers.

If you have the fear of slipping on the ice while clunking around like I do then you'll love how secure you'll feel. Plus, your calves will thank you because they have a curve on the bottom when you are walking instead of walking like Frankenstein.

bklyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
They barely got into the market and now they're out of business. Seems like they hardly got going before it was over too quickly. This wasn't a product for me; but, I could see the utility of it.

I can't imagine that one winter would be enough for any ski company to go to full profit.

lmccann

Diva in Training
I have a pair

Has anybody seen these?

I must say that I'm intrigued, but I've only seen them on the internet and don't know anyone who owns a pair.

It looks like they'd work well and make walking around the village and the parking lot a lot easier.

I have a pair these and I absolutely love them. We ski in Zermatt Switzerland and we do a lot of walking in ski boots. This makes it so much easier. My back use to hurt from standing in the gondolas for so long, but not anymore, and it makes walking on ice a lot easier too. Good luck finding a pair though. I read the company that makes them is no longer around. I have seen some on ebay, it just depends on what size you need. I'm trying to find a pair for my husband, but I guess he's a popular size.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga