• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

VT Trip: End of March; Question

daniwrites

Certified Ski Diva
So for my birthday (3/24)--a bunch of us will be renting a house 5 min from Stratton the last weekend in March (28th-30th). Will be skiing Stratton on Sat and I wanted to try either Bromley or Okemo Sunday morning before we head back home.

I am just having a hard time deciding! While Okemo definitely offers more in terms of # of trails, I like what I've heard about Bromley's overall feel and the fact that it is less crowded.

Would love to hear from anyone who has been to both or either one of these
resorts.

Thanks! :smile:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Okemo does get crowded on the weekends. HOWEVER -- Sunday morning usually isn't too bad, especially if you're there as soon as the lifts roll. And you're talking March 28. Most people in the northeast have given up skiing by then (heck, it's after Easter!). So you'll probably be okay.

Bromley is a good bet, but that late in the season it could be dicey. Hard to say; it depends on the weather.

By the way, it's DUMPING here in VT right now. :snow:

playoutside

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've skied Bromley late season (Apr 1 last year and mid Apr a few years ago) and it is fun in the sun, but is also losing snow since it sits in the sun. Okemo is great and you won't need to worry about conditions, but Bromley is a totally different feel. I'd go for Bromley unless there has been a big thaw or a ton of rain. Start your day early wherever you go, midday could get sloppy and heavy at that point in the season.

daniwrites

Certified Ski Diva
Thank you both for the advice.

I think I may ski Bromley unless weather/temps seem better
suited for Okemo :smile: Either way-- I am excited to try a new mountain.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga