• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help Needed: Volkl Kenjas in pow?

Sherr630

Certified Ski Diva
Hi Ladies,

I am buying new skis on Monday and I am currently debating between two, the Volkl Kenjas being one of them. I demo'd them yesterday at Beaver Creek and loved them on the front side. There is not a ton of snow here right now...

My basic concern is how they do in powder. I have been scouring these boards and cant seem to figure it out...

Could anyone who has taken them in pow (i.e. powder similar to last year) let me know what your experience was?

I hope not to sound rude, but I am interested in hearing specifically about the Kenjas. Please dont try to direct me to the Aura's, Blizzard Black Pearls, or anything else you think I would like instead. I realize its all in best intention, but I am hoping one of you ladies could help me with this specific info.

Oh, I dont know if it is important for this question, but I am 5'6" and 130 lbs. Aggressive, type III skier. Thanks! And Happy Holidays to all of you ladies.

canadianjem

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
i do not ride them by my next door neighbour rides them ...I think she is the same height and weight as you.
she LOVES them. We get A LOT of powder here is Fernie, BC. She never rides the groomers (i guess thats why we do not ski together). She is all over the mountain and raves about her skis.
That being said, she sounds like a really aggressive skier from what her husband says.
She is trying to get me to demo...she promises that these skis will get me all over the mountain and they wont scare me....
I hope this helps even a little

Skisailor

Angel Diva
I'm sure I've posted this elsewhere but I demoed them a couple of times at Bridger Bowl last year in about 10" of fresh powder. They did great - very nice ride. Fun and easy to maneuver. They were good making fresh tracks and also fine once it got chopped up.

I can't vouge for them in any of the truly deep stuff though.

If you want a good all-around ski, I don't think you can go wrong with the Kenja. If you're looking for something more powder specific, I'd look elsewhere.

:smile:

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I ski the Kenja, but I haven't taken them in deep pow yet. They do very well in 12" deep wet snow of the northeast. Absolutely superior in crud. Love them.

Sherr630

Certified Ski Diva
Thank you so much ladies! Greatly appreciated.

I am between the Kenjas and the Atomic Affinity Storms (which got horrible reviews, but I did enjoy them when I demoed them the other day).

Sherri

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga