• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Vail COO moving to Intrawest

Jilly

Staff member
There is a report in the Tremblant Express that Bill Jensen the chief operating officer at Vail is moving to Intrawest come June. I hope that this is good news. ITW has been having all kinds of problems since being acquired by Fortress over a year ago. Supposily his first job is to get the places on track again. Anyone know if he's up to the job??

mollmeister

Angel Diva
I can ask around. Husband is out of town tonight, but he has some significant insider knowledge both places. . . see if he has a feel for anything. . .

:smile:

Jilly

Staff member
I'm not sure if that good or bad. But I think it bodes well for ITW and my Tremblant. We've been thinking that the higher ups don't know squat about skiing!

It's GREAT news for ITW, HORRID news for Vail! It's actually already started. Parts I know of for sure are the disabled ski program and programs that have come up there (specifically Adaptive Adventures) are having a more difficult time since the change. Also, Vail dumped a Children's Hospital Clinic this year....first time in MANY years.

I'm going to be working on this as soon as we are feeling better! Vail's program is very good, but with new management, it seems to not be as accommodating and supportive.

Not a good sign for Vail Associates! (imho)

mollmeister

Angel Diva
There is a report in the Tremblant Express that Bill Jensen the chief operating officer at Vail is moving to Intrawest come June. I hope that this is good news. ITW has been having all kinds of problems since being acquired by Fortress over a year ago. Supposily his first job is to get the places on track again. Anyone know if he's up to the job??

So, after talking to a couple folks, I would say that:

1. Problems are not really due to Fortress. There have been some changes, as would be expected with a change in ownership, but many of the known problems were things that were already bubbling up to the surface at the time Fortress purchased ITW. They would have needed to have been dealt with, Fortress or not.

2. The acting COO at ITW was just that, an acting COO. He stepped off the board into a more active role when the company changed hands, but it was always intended that they would search out the best replacement and he would return to the board.

3. Everyone has heard mostly great things about Bill Jensen, so this should be quite good for ITW. Many of the changes that have been made in mgt and subsidiary companies have been for the better, and this looks like another good move.

4. This could be tough for Vail. They've been going through some of their own growing pains, and as old guard has left, they have *ended up with* a very young management team, many of whom don't have a long history in the ski biz. Should be an interesting and challenging (and hopefully, ultimately, exciting) time for Vail Resorts.

Jilly

Staff member
Thanks diva's, I'll take this over to the Tremblant-insider. Russ will be happy!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga