• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Useful Life - Skis

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've been skiing my Volkl Blaze 86 now for 3 seasons as a daily driver - roughly 200 days. I wax every 7 days but tune only once per year (my bad). No issues. BUT, when should I start to consider replacing with a new Blaze 86? I'm tempted to pull the trigger now before Volkl reimagines the ski and just hold them till needed. BUT -- so shallow -- I do not like the current top sheet at all. Reminds me of my parents' 1960's kitchen. Any way to know in advance whether Volkl is planning to change the ski itself and not just the top sheet? Pleeze get creative, Volkl. Fantabulous skis but awful graphics (IMNSHO).

MissySki

Angel Diva
I've been skiing my Volkl Blaze 86 now for 3 seasons as a daily driver - roughly 200 days. I wax every 7 days but tune only once per year (my bad). No issues. BUT, when should I start to consider replacing with a new Blaze 86? I'm tempted to pull the trigger now before Volkl reimagines the ski and just hold them till needed. BUT -- so shallow -- I do not like the current top sheet at all. Reminds me of my parents' 1960's kitchen. Any way to know in advance whether Volkl is planning to change the ski itself and not just the top sheet? Pleeze get creative, Volkl. Fantabulous skis but awful graphics (IMNSHO).
I have to agree, the top sheets are awful! My Blaze 86 is just a grayish black boring as anything look. But I don’t at all like the current look and much prefer the one color if I had to choose. Are there any previous year’s version for sale that you like more to stash away?

beane

Certified Ski Diva
I talked to the Volkl rep at a demo day and he said they have changed it a bit. The 106 is becoming a 104 and there are some changes to construction and tip shape make it a bit more piste oriented. Nothing dramatic it sounds like.

Also:

And:

Trailside Trixie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I only get my skis tuned once a season also. I have many pairs of skis and keep them at 3 different places so none really get heavy use so one tune a season is fine for me. I have the boring black Volkl Blazes but I love how they ski. Once I know the manufacturer is changing a ski and it's one I like a lot I'll buy a backup pair. Sometimes they change a ski and not for the better. I ski a ski until I can't tune it any longer. One example are my 2016 Stockli Stormrider Motion 85s. I just had them tuned and was told they have one tune left in them after this one wears off. These will last me all next season. I have a 2020 or so pair of these that I just picked up that are very gently used so this will last me a couple/few years.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have the black/gray boring ones too. At least they don't clash w/my various outfits, but that's about all I can say for the graphics.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna