• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Twin Tips for Hard Eastern Snow?

jwcomputergirl

Certified Ski Diva
Hi All,

Most of the twin tips I've been looking at are pretty fat and seem most suited for soft fluffy western snow. I ski exclusively on hard (and that's on a good day) Eastern snow. I'd love to hear your recommendations.

Thanks!

jwcomputergirl

Certified Ski Diva
Thanks for the Links

Thanks for the links... mostly bumps and park. I <wish> they were for powder... but we never get powder days around here. That's why I'm looking for skis that are good for hard snow.

mafebarros

Diva in Training
I have the same issue. I am thinking about getting teh Attiva Fueggo 'cause I heard it is good in hard pack. Also,. Nordica Firefox was recommended.

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have the Dynastar Marie Martinod Pros (I believe they're basically the same as the Dynastar She's Trouble, just different graphics). Last year they were the only ski I used for most of the season; hardpack, ice, packed powder, freshies, slush, crud, whatever. It was all I had and I used them. With a 78mm waist they're almost a mid-fat but not quite; the newer ones are over 80mm, IIRC (mine were 06/07 leftovers when I bought them in Nov 2007). I put them away when I bought a pair of Roxy Joyriders at the end of last season (as a better option for hardpack) but rediscovered them recently and have found that I have a lot more confidence on them than I do on the Joyriders, surprisingly. LOVE these skis. I have not taken them into the park yet, but I have dabbled in baby moguls with them and they've worked well for it. I have recently started getting a little air off the tops of whales and the mini-kicker at the bottom of the baby bumps. Fun! Also can be had for little $. I bought mine from Snow Deals Now on eBay for $200 including Look NX 10 bindings. I'm pretty sure he still has some in stock and is a reputable seller.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
Thanks for the links... mostly bumps and park. I <wish> they were for powder... but we never get powder days around here. That's why I'm looking for skis that are good for hard snow.

Ahhh....the ski conditions of NEPA! I ski the Line Celebrity here, and it works well for hardpack. The Line Prophet 90 (the men's version of the Celebrity....a bit stiffer) would work well, too. Both skis are used a lot by eastern skiers wanting twin tips.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh, you need to PM Volklgirl. She has a pair of Hart Lady Twin tips that are very well suited for the all mountain ski/twin tip crossover.

jwcomputergirl

Certified Ski Diva
LOVE this Forum!

I LOVE this forum! I'm not getting any work done today, because I keep googling these ski recommendations. This is so fun - thank you all!

michpc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you're looking for something a little narrower, I just picked up some K2 Missconducts (same dimensions as the Missdemeanor as well, which I think are just a little more advanced of a ski), which are CHEAP and fun little skis. I'm not a real bump skier, but I did ski them in a bumped up blue run dotted with trees and they were fun! It was a pretty icy day and they seemed to handle the ice well also, though not as good as my stiffffff Volkls (albeit with pretty fresh edges).

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga