• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Tunes!

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So what do you ladies listen to when you want to relax or escape or you just wanna sing at the top of your lungs?

I'm very into alt.country bluegrassy stuff. My most recent cd is Patty Griffin's Children Running Through and oh man does that woman's voice kick some serious ass.

I'm a big fan of strong female singers that I can belt along with as I drive down the highway.

K.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My secret vice is Bon Jovi, which, ironically, I did not like back in the 80s because I thought they were, uhm, poseurs. I'll sing to almost everything, actually, although I don't know much about what's playing on the radio these days. Oh, the Indigo Girls' latest album has been in heavy rotation on my iPod/iTunes lately.

Ski Spirit

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I go through phases. At one point, it was R&B, then jazz piano, then new age piano and now it's electronic instrumentals. Access to Itunes..........

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm too old to be listening to the stuff I love....I'm into alternative/alternative rock/grunge (the angrier the better) with a little Southern and Classic Rock thrown in. For the most part, if it's more than 10 years old, it's off the MP3 player.

cloudpeak

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah, I'm too old too for some of the music I like, too. I really enjoy alternative rock and grunge. I guess it's a Seattle thing. In addition, I've been listening to a lot of modern and classic jazz lately with a smattering of blues and reggae. I'm taking jazz piano improv lessons and finding that I'm really enjoying that genre of music. Additionally, my kids have turned me on to a group called Sweatshop Union, which is Hip Hop/Rap. I really like a couple of their songs. Finally, I still like to listen to some good old classic music.

:wink:
Yeah, I'm too old too for some of the music I like, too. I really enjoy alternative rock and grunge. I guess it's a Seattle thing. In addition, I've been listening to a lot of modern and classic jazz lately with a smattering of blues and reggae. I'm taking jazz piano improv lessons and finding that I'm really enjoying that genre of music. Additionally, my kids have turned me on to a group called Sweatshop Union, which is Hip Hop/Rap. I really like a couple of their songs. Finally, I still like to listen to some good old classic music.

I love Sweatshop Union and I prefer alternative rock myself with a dash of good hip hop/rap and I'm 48. You're never too old for good tunes. :wink:

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sounds like I need to check out Sweatshop.

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Married women living vicariously through music

I used to think that I was the only one my age whom listened to the music that I do, but I am finding most of us do. The big question is what do you listen to on your all womens ski trips? Okay, someone else go first.....:nono:

tcarey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Dave Matthews is my fav now,can't get enough! I like new alternative,can't stand old classic rock anymore!

T

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga